• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Lol. Seriously not sure if serious.

That picture is a bloody slide from 2010, it even says so on it! For starters it says 40nm, that should be a huge give away even if you did not see any other info. Haha.

Let's just say I had that exact card and specs about a decade ago :p

I actually have that card about 1 meter away from me right now in a box :D
DId u manage to cop a 3080?

Soldato
Surely we've moved on from 6gb now..

Yould think so, 6GB is pretty pathetic if that's truly what the third tier card has, there are 570's 80's and 90's at £150-£200 for 8GB and they're years old. This is almost as poor as the 1060's NV sold with 3GB. I hammer NV for cheaping out on VRAM, which they do and if this leak is true then 6GB for the 70 card which will be much more expensive than £200 is a step backwards and lousy steal from NV's playbook.

Soldato
As long as AMD deliver a card that doesn't need to be underclocked / undervolted to work (poor 3rd party RTX owners) then it's a winner for me. :) I think most of us can all agree, the RTX is a shambles. Too hot, too much power draw and now crashing due to 3rd party overclocks. Following the paper launch you'd think things couldn't get any worse lol. Yet people are still pre-ordering the cards. Makes me chuckle.

Soldato
As long as AMD deliver a card that doesn't need to be underclocked / undervolted to work (poor 3rd party RTX owners)
Don't go throwing that one around, Polaris, Vega and Navi 1 all benefitted greatly from a not-insignificant undervolt to get them to "work" ;)

I would say it's nice to see the shoe on the other foot though, but the Nvidia faithful will just pass it off as somebody else's fault so it's not going to register in the collective mindshare.

Soldato
Don't go throwing that one around, Polaris, Vega and Navi 1 all benefitted greatly from a not-insignificant undervolt to get them to "work" ;)

I would say it's nice to see the shoe on the other foot though, but the Nvidia faithful will just pass it off as somebody else's fault so it's not going to register in the collective mindshare.

See I own a Vega64 (Asus ROG Strix OC) and it's fine. I don't underclock / undervolt it. But yes you are right about the Vega and as you say, it's nice the shoe being on the other foot but just to reiterate, I don't have to underclock / undervolt my Vega64 for it to work. It won't CTD if I leave it alone - if you know what I mean. Whereas some of these overclocked RTX cards are not working out of the box which was my point. :)

Soldato
Urrr, I stand corrected. **** that is impressive...
To be clear I think the rest of your post is pretty spot on and we shouldn't expect budget pricing for AMD's top range but they have really turned their financials around. They paid off almost a 1bn of their debt in 2019 whilst increasing their cash reserves by 500m. Lisa ain't CEO of the year for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom