• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Weirdly, I can compare whatever to whatever I like rofl....

The 5700XT is NOT midrange in AMD's available stack it's TOP TIER. I'm not comparing AMD to nVidia, never have been... if I took the Dacia Duster on it's own merrits, on the 2019 model and then made that same model repalcement a 200mph, leather clad weapon with all the latest tech we would ALL go wow, look at the new Dacia Duster, what an improvement over the 2019 model... HOWEVER NO ONE would ever compare it to a Bugatti Veryron... .. because that's not what I've said I'd be doing. I've not once said I'm comparing what AMD is doing to nVidia... I've compared AMD v's AMD i.e. AMD's current top tier card to what WILL BE their top tier card.

I can't think of any other ways of stating the obvious, this is now the 3rd time I've said the same thing rofl. And annoyingly I'm still replying like an idiot rofl with people twisting what I'm saying or sayign I'm comparing wrong... wow, so I can't compare AMD to AMD because someone on the internet says I can't because that's silly. This FORUM is seriously going down the pan rofl

It's AMDs best card, but it's not top tier. Ipswich Town are the best football team in ipswich, but they are not top tier. The Duster is Dacia's best car (well most expensive, but you get the idea) but it's not top tier...unless it's in an artificial bubble and no-one else exists.

Big Navi looks to be a huge step from last gen, massive if some of the leaks prove realistic, but until then AMD are lacking a top tier card, just like Ipswich are stuck in League 1:mad: and the Duster is not a luxury SUV.

Soldato
It's AMDs best card, but it's not top tier. Ipswich Town are the best football team in ipswich, but they are not top tier. The Duster is Dacia's best car (well most expensive, but you get the idea) but it's not top tier...unless it's in an artificial bubble and no-one else exists.

Big Navi looks to be a huge step from last gen, massive if some of the leaks prove realistic, but until then AMD are lacking a top tier card, just like Ipswich are stuck in League 1:mad: and the Duster is not a luxury SUV.
Incredible... I'll say it for the 4th time... "in AMD's available stack it's TOP TIER."

This is the most insane conversation I've been involved in for some time... BY YOUR LOGIC... if NAVI ended up 35% faster than the 3090... just because it can't compete with AMD all of a sudden doesn't deminish the performance of the 3090... this is irrelvant to my original statements.... 100% irelevant.Your using TOP TIER and AMD's TOP TIER in the same senttences... they are not interchangable.

However, what's your cut off % then, if you're going to be so particular pulling holes in peoples comments... when does a card drop out of TOP TIER to you, is it 5% behind? 12.5%, 23.75%? I'd love to know, so we can all use this as the GPU standard of what top tier means "based on Keev The Great". Once agin, this is irelevant to my orignial statement, however, I'm interested to know... does it have to be in 100% of games, 90% of games, 25% of known benchmarks? When is soemthing no longer TOP TIER! or is it anything that is NOT NUMBER 1?

... and here I am defending my original statement again on the internet... the 5700XT ""in AMD's available stack, it's TOP TIER" ....

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Tbh after the latest comparison video I saw even a 2080 Super would be too much of a sidegrade over a well tweaked 5700XT (I was tempted when they were somewhat bargainous!)

Yes which is why the 2060, 2060s, 2070 and 2070s were not great when it came to value against the 5700/XT. The supers were only released to counter this, and ofc sweeten the bitterness that the original Turing lineup charged.

Sadly on a vega it was not a good enough leap so this gen is the one to go for it! :)

Only five more days - Choo Choooooo!!!

Soldato

It never ceases to amaze me how something so basic has to be explained indepth. I believe he is just trolling at this point.

Soldato
It never ceases to amaze me how something so basic has to be explained indepth. I believe he is just trolling at this point.
He's not, he's fallen into the same trap I have done when people are defining tiers differently. Absolute positioning vs Relative positioning.

Absolutely, the 5700XT is a mid-tier card. Its performance and price do not rival cards like the 2080 Ti and 3080.
Relatively, the 5700XT is AMD's top tier card; there is nothing above it in their product stack.

Although I'll be honest in saying I've lost track of what the actual argument is now :p

Soldato
Yeah I can see that one coming, oh and dont forget "Drivers".

Their ace in the pack is still DLSS. Quite simply because it can make the unplayable playable. AMD need to work hard on that now. Once they do? their RT performance will improve massively just like Nvidia's did.

But yeah, as someone who hates Nvidia (and owns three of their cards) DLSS is the best thing that has happened in years. RT pales in significance when compared to a tech that can nigh on double your framerates at 4k.

However, and I will say this; AMD are usually better at things like that when they knuckle down. VSR was every bit as good as DSR. Freesync was clearly better and easier to do than Gsync (which is why Nvidia have basically hijacked that train and stomped their name all over it) and Tress FX was massively better than Hairworks. It looked better, it didn't hurt performance anywhere near as much and so on. AMD's driver app is much better IMO. But that one is a "I don't really care". However they've also written their own APIs and had a hand in that too.

AMD can be brilliant when they want to be. They just need to do it now. Gamedoesn'tworks was a travesty for PC gaming.

Soldato
He's not, he's fallen into the same trap I have done when people are defining tiers differently. Absolute positioning vs Relative positioning.

Absolutely, the 5700XT is a mid-tier card. Its performance and price do not rival cards like the 2080 Ti and 3080.
Relatively, the 5700XT is AMD's top tier card; there is nothing above it in their product stack.

Although I'll be honest in saying I've lost track of what the actual argument is now :p
you ave? man, I lost the plot 3 pages back rofl... anyhow, b00bs, aren't they great rofl

Associate
The endless bickering about semantics in this thread. It's like listening to a philosophical debate that just ends up being an argument about word choice. Why can't people just discuss / dream / theorise about the incoming hardware? I can understand posting some discussion and counterpoints but it's more like people want to rain on the parade. Rain on it when it's being organised, gathering, starting, proceeding and ending. And then stomp it into the the mud, regardless of how amazing the parade was / wasn't, whilst screeching about whatever it is they favour.

I'm surprised there isn't more use of the ignore button. The bickering is something to do I guess :D.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
But yeah, as someone who hates Nvidia (and owns three of their cards) DLSS is the best thing that has happened in years. RT pales in significance when compared to a tech that can nigh on double your framerates at 4k.

I will agree with you on that, Im not sold on the RT its not there yet. But I am confident now the new consoles have RDNA2 aswell in them, that AMD will introduce something that will catch up with DLSS and hopefully be universally adopted at a breakneck speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom