• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Gonna say COD + Eternal are the losses, and maybe Control or Youngblood as 3rd. Gears 5 tie, BL 3 maybe slight win, RDR 2 definitely a win.

Hmmm. What else? Probably Apex & Sniper Elite 4 are still used. Maybe Rage 2 too. And win HZD for sure too. Probably a strategy title - Total War or Civ. Odyssey - absolutely. And lastly Division 2? Or Breakpoint.

What they did last time:

AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-Benchmarks.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
If it's regardless of anything they are just as bad, but I see a lot of people saying it depends on pricing and performance just like it does for me.

I want an excuse to buy big navi for sure but that's just because of Nvidia and their blatant nonsense regarding Ampere's launch. I will buy it if the price/performance fits but if not then I will either stick with my 1080Ti or go Ampere. I don't expect any special treatment from either company so I look out for me.

Yeah I think this is where most of us are at. Need prices and confirmation of where it sits (6800XT looks best bet matching 3080).

Soldato
Not long until we find out about price and performance.
Looking forward to seeing the results, though I think the prices will be higher than people expect.
think so too. made peace with it already, just need availability.

Said to be 3080 marginally stronger at 4k. 1440p it beats the 3080 in many titles.

6800xt still stronger at 4k, just less so than at 1440p. makes sense, at 4k ampere has many cores to spare & scales easily with res + higher bw.

Soldato
Low stock availability is often by design. Think about it: if you immediately flood the market with enough units to satisfy, say, 80% of the demand, people will be a lot more casual about their purchasing behaviour. The street price will be much lower than if there was a shortage, because consumers will have time to shop around and pick the best/cheapest option for their budget. In this situation, if any supplier attempts to mark up their products, consumers will simply look elsewhere because availability is plentiful.

Now let's consider a situation where product manufacturers/suppliers artificially limit availability for strategic purposes. They drip-feed extremely small amounts of product into the market over time which consumers will happily buy at well over the quoted price without even questioning their decision, because the product is so rare that it justifies a significant mark up. Those consumers are under the impression that the supplier is having difficulty making enough product and this false perception allows the supplier to maintain their reputation as the majority of buyers won't be aware of the unethical pricing strategies unfolding behind the scenes.

I see so many people making the mistake of thinking companies like Nvidia aren't able to meet demand. They are a multibillion dollar corporation that operates on a mind-boggling scale. They deal in tens of billions of dollars and if they wanted to, Nvidia could have absolutely shipped half a million cards within the space of 6 weeks (it's not as if Ampere was conceived, developed and manufactured in a month). With enough money and a tiny bit of forward planning, they could have made that happen with ease, but why would they diminish their margins by satisfying the demand when they can limit the supply, charge a lot more and still maintain brand loyalty? The 3000 series is guaranteed to sell out at higher-than-MSRP prices even if it takes 4 months for the supply to begin to meet demand - and this is irrespective of the performance and supply of upcoming AMD cards.

Thats what I was wondering especially if there suddenly becomes available in november plentiful stock of 3080's - everyone goes nuts about them again and AMD's launch and cards get drowned and completely overlooked in all the excitement - nah I'm sure nvidia couldn't be that devious...

Soldato
:(

If both are £699 then I wont buy either. I'll wait until either one is £649 or below and whichever one gets there first, I will purchase.
I wasn't having a pop or anything, I was just confused by you seemingly to wait for Nvidia even if AMD was available, and couldn't work out if I'd missed a reason or I'd just misread.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I wasn't having a pop or anything, I was just confused by you seemingly to wait for Nvidia even if AMD was available, and couldn't work out if I'd missed a reason or I'd just misread.

You misread then I'm afraid, I never said that.

What I said, is that at £699 I'd wait until either the 3080 or the 6800xt dropped to £650, whichever dropped first I'd get.

I have a hard limit of £650. Anything above that I have no interest in.

Soldato
What on earth are you babbling on about? You said £649 is mythical, owners thread 4 days ago someone added a FE which is £649 :rolleyes:
Someone being the operative word. One person got one. One. Have you seen the number of threads here alone complaining about pre-order queues and having no idea of when they're getting a product they've paid in advance for?

Tell you what, hit up Nvidia's store
https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shop/geforce/gpu/?page=1&limit=9&locale=en-gb&category=GPU&gpu=RTX 3080

Go buy one right now. Tell your mates to go buy one. Tell your family to get one. Go get a large group of people to represent some semblance of every day consumer interest and buy a 3080. Then by the time Valentine's Day rolls around and you still don't have a £649 Founders Edition come back and tell me it's not mythical.

If you're not prepared to wait, your next best option is a Zotac or Gigabyte Eagle. Oh look, that's £70 more expensive. Not to worry, you and this consumer group go buy one of those instead. And again, by the time Valentine's Day rolls around and you still don't have a £719 3080 (note again £70 more expensive) then come back and tell me it's not mythical.

The £649 MSRP is a blatant lie designed to fool idiots into believing Nvidia out of the goodness of their hearts massively dropped prices compared to Turing and suddenly Nvidia is the price-performance King.

Please tell me your "but somebody DID buy a card for £649" is not you being counted amongst those fools?

Soldato
Someone being the operative word. One person got one. One. Have you seen the number of threads here alone complaining about pre-order queues and having no idea of when they're getting a product they've paid in advance for?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shop/geforce/gpu/?page=1&limit=9&locale=en-gb&category=GPU&gpu=RTX 3080

Go buy one right now. Tell your mates to go buy one. Tell your family to get one. Go get a large group of people to represent some semblance of every day consumer interest and buy a 3080. Then by the time Valentine's Day rolls around and you still don't have a £649 Founders Edition come back and tell me it's not mythical.

If you're not prepared to wait, your next best option is a Zotac or Gigabyte Eagle. Oh look, that's £70 more expensive. Not to worry, you and this consumer group go buy one of those instead. And again, by the time Valentine's Day rolls around and you still don't have a £719 3080 (note again £70 more expensive) then come back and tell me it's not mythical.

The £649 MSRP is a blatant lie designed to fool idiots into believing Nvidia out of the goodness of their hearts massively dropped prices compared to Turing and suddenly Nvidia is the price-performance King.

Please tell me your "but somebody DID buy a card for £649" is not you being counted amongst those fools?

Thisnis what I like about Apple - they have their ordering system working like a well oiled machine - you know exactly when you will get the phone at checkout

Soldato
If these cards really are the business anyone with a g-sync monitor going to get one? Would be the only thing holding me back back an all red new build.
I will be using a new Radeon on my Gsync monitor. Well thats the plan anyway.

Ill be getting a decent oled in future for 120hz .

Same here, I'm thinking of replacing it with a 38" freesync/gsync compatible 144(160)hz in future though especially as the 3080 (6900XT?) seem to stretch their legs at 4k

If theres no stock availability I'll just wait until next year and see what that brings (20gb/TI/Supers?) as I'm in no hurry to upgrade and I'm certainly not sitting on a preorder for months on end.

Soldato
Thisnis what I like about Apple - they have their ordering system working like a well oiled machine - you know exactly when you will get the phone at checkout
I'd never pre-order something, especially unproven technology. But I can empathise with those who do being totally clueless as to when they're getting their shiny, especially those who have actually parted with money. They're utter idiots for doing that and deserve no sympathy, but I do empathise.

Soldato

I don't have to do any of that nonsense you prattled on about. The fact of the matter is what was said that they were mythical and in they are not, end of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom