• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
For one of the cards that was shown at the ryzen launch, we know its trading blows with the 3080, pretty confident on that and if anything with tweaks should gain a few more % by time its being delivered. The next question, Im hoping its cheaper than the 3080 stock price of £649 and would be great if it can be had for any number in the £5xx's.

"Stock price" i.e. non-existent price win the Nvidia lottery once-a-fortnight price. They knew big Navi would be AMD exclusive and they could undercut it at MSRP with non existent cards and charge more for AIBs at the same time, talk about having your cake and eating it.

Soldato
Precisely, if people want AMD to be there just to make nvidia cards cheaper for them then it will never change. Either buy a console, or get AMD card if you want to hit nvidia where it hurts.
LOL, that has seriously backfired on them hasn't it?
There are no cards/very few cards to have. Even if they do drop prices. It won't matter in that regard. Pyrrhic victory with nothing to show for it.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
LOL, that has seriously backfired on them hasn't it?
There are no cards/very few cards to have. Even if they do drop prices. It won't matter in that regard. Pyrrhic victory with nothing to show for it.

If this catastrophe has not damaged nvidias reputation with the '80%' then nothing will stop them now.

If only the hundreds of OcUK customers that cancelled or really displeased with the status quo just bought an AMD card to stick two fingers up at Jensen then it may be enough to change some of that mindshare.

Soldato
If this catastrophe has not damaged nvidias reputation with the '80%' then nothing will stop them now.

If only the hundreds of OcUK customers that cancelled or really displeased with the status quo just bought an AMD card to stick two fingers up at Jensen then it may be enough to change some of that mindshare.
Oh it has. Trust me on that. I've seen faith shaken at the very core. Some come to realization they aren't getting a 3080/3090 anytime soon. And for the most part have quietly given up. They do concede that the launch was a disaster. Mostly through omission. So I get asked questions about 5700xt. I can't say if they will consider the 6000 series or not. Ultimately it's up to them.

If AMD simply has the right price and enough supply when they provide a release date I can see them selling well. Regardless if the performance is faster then 3080 or slightly (and I do mean slightly) behind a 3080. As long as the price is right and they can buy them. Well, that's my take on it anyway.

Soldato
I think im definetly going 6900XT as long as its below a grand. Not to sure im happy its only gonna be available directly from AMD though. I like most was sold on the 3080 but seeing the huge price increases and low supply its put me off, I hope AMD dont suffer the same way.

is this true? 6900XT only available from AMD?

this means 6900XT is going to be very limited supply.

Soldato
I totally get that, since normally AMD hype their cards way too much, which then the hype proceeds to overshoot their actual performance. I really do want AMD to do well here though, but a part of me is thinking that they've messed this up before.

We all actually need AMD to do well here since Nvidia have essentially hiked up the price tiers of their cards with the one above, through clever marketing. They're basically releasing their 2080 cards at 2080Ti pricing, this being the 3090. Hopefully AMD can bring some form of normalisation in price to the graphics card arena.
If AMD beat the nvidia cards on performance and efficiency then they will price higher like they have just done with CPUs now that they have overtaken Intel.

Soldato
is this true? 6900XT only available from AMD?

this means 6900XT is going to be very limited supply.

I thought NAAF said the exclusive top SKU was just a higher-clocked version of the next card down. I don't remember the exact numbers but the clocks weren't that much higher.

If it's just a better-binned card, it could be like the 3700X/3800X CPU's.

Soldato
I think so but the bat to hit the ball out of the park for the home run depends all on getting some stock to sell at announced launch date to the masses. If they are there to buy, AMD will never sell so much GPU units like it.
Agreed.
AMD must get this release right with availability, pricing and performance.
I know people who have old PC's and want to do a new PC build. October 28th would be a prime time for AMD to promote their PC ecosystem.
x470 + Zen 3 + RX 6000 for $$$ (whatever that would cost)
And get AIBs from both GPU/MB onboard with supply and position their Zen 3 CPUs. Talk to retailers and get 'Bundle Deals' going.
If it were possible that AMD did that, I could see AMD making a clean sweep with their entire PC lineup.

Soldato
OCUK has its pricing already up for the 3070 cards, all well over £500 and I'm hearing despite delaying the 3070 launch there's still about as many cards as the 3080 and 3090.

This is one of those self-defensive charts a site is putting up to show its Nvidia dropping the ball not them: https://www.proshop.de/RTX-30series-overview

That stock is nothing. This is such a paper launch across the stack you could write a book on it.

Unless there's an enormous change in stock Nvidia has no cards to play by waiting for AMDs launch, they couldn't aggressively price if they tried. Every retailer will look out the back, compare the handful of stock to the demand for green cards then stick another 100 on the price because why not.

I'm thinking as long as AMD can out stock Nvidia it doesn't matter too much how they price either.

Associate
Oh it has. Trust me on that. I've seen faith shaken at the very core. Some come to realization they aren't getting a 3080/3090 anytime soon. And for the most part have quietly given up. They do concede that the launch was a disaster. Mostly through omission. So I get asked questions about 5700xt. I can't say if they will consider the 6000 series or not. Ultimately it's up to them.

If AMD simply has the right price and enough supply when they provide a release date I can see them selling well. Regardless if the performance is faster then 3080 or slightly (and I do mean slightly) behind a 3080. As long as the price is right and they can buy them. Well, that's my take on it anyway.

I can’t. I just can’t. This is gold. :D
Also for even more comedic value, read it in Trump’s voice.

Associate
I'm in the qeue for an XC3 Gaming, and part of me is actually happy that I probably won't get the email until after AMD launches their cards.
I'm in the same position with a different card, at least now thanks to nVidias ####show of a launch I have a queue position and the luxury of being able to check out the competition prior to committing to either.
NVidias rush to market to beat AMD has done more in my mind to make me look elsewhere than any marketing budget AMD could have used. AMD now have an open goal but Nvidia have already scored an own goal.

Associate
3070 is basically a 2080ti with 8gb of Vram in raster and slightly ahead in RTX.. For over £500.. Its sad that a xx70 part is now in this price range.

That card will sell truck loads tho still as 2080ti perf is below 4k is still superb, and 4k is not the res that xx70 buyers normally play at.

3070 needed to be £400 in all honesty, i guess lack of stock has not helped.

Stage is set here, if AMD can out perform and out price the xx60 and xx70 cards they will make a killing, they only need to match 3080 performance while they will offer more vram, but come in a bit cheaper. I dont even care about 3090, the price will always be ridiculous for this tier.

I think we will see decent stock of AMD cards, not great, but more than Nvidia.

Caporegime
3070 is basically a 2080ti with 8gb of Vram in raster and slightly ahead in RTX.. For over £500.. Its sad that a xx70 part is now in this price range.

That card will sell truck loads tho still as 2080ti perf is below 4k is still superb, and 4k is not the res that xx70 buyers normally play at.

3070 needed to be £400 in all honesty, i guess lack of stock has not helped.

Stage is set here, if AMD can out perform and out price the xx60 and xx70 cards they will make a killing, they only need to match 3080 performance while they will offer more vram, but come in a bit cheaper. I dont even care about 3090, the price will always be ridiculous for this tier.

I think we will see decent stock of AMD cards, not great, but more than Nvidia.
I agree, the 3070 needs to be cheaper but the supply and demand will mean it will stay high due to the FOMO crowd who will order regardless.

The 3080 10GB is looking so unappealing both at the price and with the launch issues it has had and I really think it will be replaced relatively soon by new TSMC versions.

AMD would have to really screw things up now to not have a good shot at taking my money.

Soldato
I'm glad I'm not in the market this time around. I can't see there being any bargains, just expensive and slightly less expensive. My 5700XT should suffice at 1440p for a while.

Caporegime
I'm glad I'm not in the market this time around. I can't see there being any bargains, just expensive and slightly less expensive. My 5700XT should suffice at 1440p for a while.
We are only at the stage of just releasing high and upper mid range cards... obviously there are no 'bargains' yet. It won't be until 2021 Q2 or so that lower priced cards in the ranges hit the market in sufficient quantities to drive down prices.

Associate
I dont think there will be TSMC versions til very late next year if at all to be honest.

People are still going to see 3070 as a 2080ti for £500+, its that simple, because the 2080ti was so ridiculously overpriced but the performance is so good, people at the xx70 tier are just going to see that level of fps and bite.

3070 is potentially the card that will make Nvidia the most cash, even tho some AIB cards will be as expensive as a 3080FE lol.

Lot of people on 10 series cards will settle for a 3070, as the performance will still be a good upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom