• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD POLARIS RX-480 IN STOCK: THE PERFECT GAMING UPGRADE!!

Associate
Couldn't they get a prettier model. she looks like a horse

Clothed_Radeon_Dual_GPUs.jpg

Something about riding bareback comes to mind :eek:

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, do you have a number how many cards OCUK sold on the first day?

Over 700 now, I expected good sales, but this is beyond my expectations for day one. Several lines have sold out infact.

I see competitors have also moved prices on 8Gb part up so I guess they are low on stock, I reckon I can hold my 8GB pricing as I did have well over 1000 units in stock for launch.

Shame on the 4GB part though, going to push AMD hard to manufacturer more, or put 8GB cards in 4GB boxes haha! :D

Soldato
Have the sale of 480's delayed other orders? I had something that was meant to be shipped yesterday, then again today, still not get dispatched. :(

I look forward to seeing what the non ref 480's do, bring on end of July!

Soldato
Because they can; nobody else will be getting stock if the 4GB SKU is already discontinued so they effectively have no competition to price against. It's rather disappointing they sent out an advertising email at 2pm stating one price only to increase them two hours later. I appreciate prices can and will change according to supply and demand, but doing it just hours after a product launches doesn't sit well with me.

Lost a sale and a newsletter subscriber with that move.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Because they can; nobody else will be getting stock so they effectively have no competition to price against. It's rather disappointing they sent out an advertising email at 2pm stating one price only to increase them two hours later.

Because we never expected to be told, no you cannot have more, we are making no more, at which point making hardly any money became a very bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom