• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD POLARIS RX-480 IN STOCK: THE PERFECT GAMING UPGRADE!!

Soldato
It is not strange, I made a deal to get exclusivity on 4GB from AMD because I am very good at what I do, proof of this only OcUK has 4GB, Sapphire is still in stock too. :)

We also have the largest range with 8GB MSI, HIS, Sapphire, Powercolor and XFX still in stock.

I am going to AMD Munich HQ tomorrow to discuss production of more 4GB or what future plans are as I feel the 4GB part should not be end of life and in the past AMD have built cards exclusively for OcUK as were one of the few companies in EU who can meet minimum order quantities. :)

If pound stabilises over 1.36 we will have a little movement, £5-£10, we need it around 1.45 to get an 8GB down to £199.99 as with 1.45 we'd make around 5% but to hit £199.99 would be well worth it.

seems off as 4gb still be spread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...specification/d4szyz6?st=iq1bg999&sh=42d6b9e6

We're shipping 4GB to Germany, UK and USA for now. Later in the summer we will spread it to more regions.

Soldato
Congrats on a great launch day OCuk peeps :)

Great to see a reseller / partner that supports a new product so whole heartedly and gets the rewards it deserves. Obviously Gibbo being "Turok bargain hunter" when it comes to purchasing helps too :D

Caporegime
seems off as 4gb still be spread.

muck_1977254c.jpg

They're in full flow :p

Associate
It is not strange, I made a deal to get exclusivity on 4GB from AMD because I am very good at what I do, proof of this only OcUK has 4GB, Sapphire is still in stock too. :)

We also have the largest range with 8GB MSI, HIS, Sapphire, Powercolor and XFX still in stock.

I am going to AMD Munich HQ tomorrow to discuss production of more 4GB or what future plans are as I feel the 4GB part should not be end of life and in the past AMD have built cards exclusively for OcUK as were one of the few companies in EU who can meet minimum order quantities. :)

If pound stabilises over 1.36 we will have a little movement, £5-£10, we need it around 1.45 to get an 8GB down to £199.99 as with 1.45 we'd make around 5% but to hit £199.99 would be well worth it.

Only way it goes back to 1.45 in the foreseeable future is if it looks like the result will be ignored / overturned.

So Gibbo? Managed to achieve 1000 at almost end of the day? I bet, you are very close to it.

You'd think so. If they'd sold 550 4GBs about 2 hours ago, I'd expect they'll have easily done 1K total by now.

OcUK Staff
OP
So Gibbo? Managed to achieve 1000 at almost end of the day? I bet, you are very close to it.

Suspect so, back in office Friday so can check then and tomorrow I can work with AMD on more stock and also see what information I can find on custom cards as all board partners should also be in Germany too. :)

Associate
Suspect so, back in office Friday so can check then and tomorrow I can work with AMD on more stock and also see what information I can find on custom cards as all board partners should also be in Germany too. :)

Sounds great! Well done once again! I am sure you remember when i said you are the right guy with the right job, i am pretty sure you have earn it again :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Sounds great! Well done once again! I am sure you remember when i said you are the right guy with the right job, i am pretty sure you have earn it again :D

Cheers buddy.

Pretty much hammering the competition now on VGA launches, biggest range, best prices, most stock, best product descriptions and our CS and level of interaction is way higher.

Plus we do cool stuff like build pyramids, thrones, hire hot girls and just go out of our way to be different. :)

Associate
Cheers buddy.

Pretty much hammering the competition now on VGA launches, biggest range, best prices, most stock, best product descriptions and our CS and level of interaction is way higher.

Plus we do cool stuff like build pyramids, thrones, hire hot girls and just go out of our way to be different. :)

Just make me to laugh into the right way :D I wish i could sit once on such a throne in my lifetime! :) Maybe it is time to sell tickets to the crowd . I am here as a first volunteer to do so .

Last edited:
Associate
Not a bad card for those wanting to upgrade from an older card. i.e. 960 or 270/280x

Bit pricey here in the UK vs US- but there's nothing new there.

now c'mon nvidia release the 1080 ti and let me spend the money i saved for a 1080. i've downgraded from a 980 ti toa 970 for cheap and it sucks gaming at 1080 from 4k gsync.

Soldato
Cheers buddy.

Yeah, good stuff Gibbo. You were bang on about these cards, Not what some people were expecting but still cracking cards. Especially the 4GB ones. If you can hit £199 then these cards would be a must buy.

When you are in Munich will you find out when custom cards are due? That would be brilliant. Would love to see how they perform at 1400 clock speeds.

Associate
Yeah, good stuff Gibbo. You were bang on about these cards, Not what some people were expecting but still cracking cards. Especially the 4GB ones. If you can hit £199 then these cards would be a must buy.

When you are in Munich will you find out when custom cards are due? That would be brilliant. Would love to see how they perform at 1400 clock speeds.

He's gonna do some negations with BREXIT situation as well. Gibbo and others had to work a lot this weekend because of this. Let see what he can make out .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom