• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD prepare a new offensive

Soldato
WTF? Look at the price of it! Muchos lol, I can't see many going for that until it lowers to "real" pricing.

Yeh put that one up earlier, DFI and Gigabyte are both on their way too.

Thats at low margin so it actually sells. :p

Have one of these out for the Gibbo V Yewen contest, going to run Quad X-Fire with a 3.2GHz+ Phenom in it. :)

Soldato
very low fsb tho
however they need somthing special to beat nahlem
id love to go back to amd

Do not think either of the FX chips will be quite there but they should get close if they get them out of the door in quantity.

The gaps has closed a little, AMD/ATi combo is starting to make up the ground it lost slowly now. Combined RnD is starting to show its benefits thank god.

Permabanned
Do not think either of the FX chips will be quite there but they should get close if they get them out of the door in quantity.

The gaps has closed a little, AMD/ATi combo is starting to make up the ground it lost slowly now. Combined RnD is starting to show its benefits thank god.

yeah it will be a few more chips before catch up... im thinking of an amdmatx build for my media centre as ati cards are loads better for that so may aswell pair it with an amd chip and give them some money to produce somthing better

when not overclcocking there isnt much diffrence now is there?

Permabanned
OP
I find it strange that Intel had brought forward the launch of its new I7 core, droped its plans to only release the extreme chips and has now included the main stream models. Its just speculation at this point but intel could have kept on with Core2 for another year.

Soldato
I find it strange that Intel had brought forward the launch of its new I7 core, droped its plans to only release the extreme chips and has now included the main stream models. Its just speculation at this point but intel could have kept on with Core2 for another year.

Exaclty, Intel has no need to shake up their own range for the sake of it unless AMD close the gap.

This is a more efficent core and out performs the older C2D clock for clock. :)

Back
Top Bottom