• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD prepare a new offensive

Associate
hopefully they could invest profit from the graphics side into the CPU side! I love my athlon X2 6000+ but sits at 50C idle... i want my RMA'd water cooler back :( lol

Yeah if the 4870 and 4850 stay on top for a while that should give them some good cashflow :D Hopefully they'll turn around and have some good results, we need them here.

Oh and dose anyone have graphs showing the whole faster per clock at 3.2ghz thing ?

Soldato
Yeah if the 4870 and 4850 stay on top for a while that should give them some good cashflow :D Hopefully they'll turn around and have some good results, we need them here.

Oh and dose anyone have graphs showing the whole faster per clock at 3.2ghz thing ?

i have seen some around. its prolli because the intels start level off at around 3ghz and anything past 3.2/3.4ghz really isnt worth it. maybe thats why intel dont make any really high clocking chips? they certanly could deliver 3.6ghz to market if they wanted to.

Associate
i have seen some around. its prolli because the intels start level off at around 3ghz and anything past 3.2/3.4ghz really isnt worth it. maybe thats why intel dont make any really high clocking chips? they certanly could deliver 3.6ghz to market if they wanted to.

That might be a good point, i would love to have a new AMD chip with a bit more cache, that's quicker than the current ones, i have a serious bottleneck with my current CPU but i refuse to upgrade before i have a good idea of what the future will bring. Nehalem is a serious disappointment so far.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
i only hope FX doesnt stand for FAILXTREME

amd are there with the gfx market - just want them to put intel in there place so that the cpu market is competative in time for nehalem

Associate
While we all wish that this was the truth as said is highly unlikely that they will be able to release the 45nm with such an increase in frequencies. Realistically they will be able to get them up to 3.4Ghz and maybe then increase the frequencies as their 45nm tech matures.
Anyway i wish that those news are real because that would be some good news for us for some time now in the CPU front.

Associate
I hope AMD delivers, change the board and CPU and bang in a new GFX card and away we go.

The prices of componants are so cheap at the min so you can get some craching performance for such a little budget.

Go AMD

Soldato
There's said to be two chips in the pipeline, the FX-80 at 4Ghz and the FX-82 at 4.4GHz. The FX-80 at stock out performs a 5.0GHz Kentsfield.

Rofl Id love it if AMD did something to compete as much as the next guy, but seriously.

My new company called A.S.S (awesome silicon solutions) is producing a 1mhz chip next year that beats the AMD chip that is 400GHz, no jokes.

No proof, no working prototype = no belief.

Also whats so **** about that statement is there's no mention of what metric that performance increase is in. In the benchmarking world that's everything. Unless a test is repeatable or evidence is shown to substantiate a claim regardless of benchmark it means nothing.

Im interested to know what Kentsfeild they have that runs 5G aswell. Unless they are comparing it to a predicted superpi figure or something.

Just seems to good to be believable to be honest. :(

Soldato
i love AMD, but at the moment am wanting an Intel Quad because of the lower TDP (so lower temps) and the overclock you can achive. Hopefully the Phenom-FX will wipe out i7

Also does anyone know the new sockets for Shanghi, Phenom-FX?

Back
Top Bottom