• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD prepare a new offensive

Soldato
No one seems to be concerned that a 4ghz phenom is likely to be unable to beat a 3.6ghz penryn, so why care. i want amd to make a comeback but i aint deluded about it.
phenom and intel quad run about the same now.. so at 3.2 u will see no different but the phenom could be slightly faster..

Soldato
gareth170, what clock is you Phenom running at?
3.0-3.1ghz in vista/xp 32bit os, on vista64 it only gets 2.8-2.9ghz...

so it depends which OS i am in as i haven't got it overclocked in the bios, i just use AMD OverDrive to clock it when i need (when gaming)....

once the new motherboards are out i guess the overclock should be better in 64but os also...

Associate
3.0-3.1ghz in vista/xp 32bit os, on vista64 it only gets 2.8-2.9ghz...

so it depends which OS i am in as i haven't got it overclocked in the bios, i just use AMD OverDrive to clock it when i need (when gaming)....

once the new motherboards are out i guess the overclock should be better in 64but os also...

How can that OC be so different? 64bit uses only a bit more resources? I know it isn't like that with Intel processors.

Soldato
That doesn't really mean anything on that cooling though, some good air results would be better. When are the 45nm ones scheduled to come out? Seriously considering an AMD platform by now.

4000Mhz was done before on water a while ago, so maybe that cooling was not needed or that chip is not as good as with temps, but anyway its still nice to see.

45nm in Q4 2008...fingers crossed.

Associate
4000Mhz was done before on water a while ago, so maybe that cooling was not needed or that chip is not as good as with temps, but anyway its still nice to see.

45nm in Q4 2008...fingers crossed.

Yeah but the only thing that really matters is if they can get the TDP within limits and the chip good enough to be able to overclock to beat Intel processors.

Soldato
hopefully they could invest profit from the graphics side into the CPU side! I love my athlon X2 6000+ but sits at 50C idle... i want my RMA'd water cooler back :( lol

Back
Top Bottom