• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Associate
Finally :D haha

My first Tri X 290 had the faulty fan issue which I've been told is generally a Sapphire problem. Besides that the card was working perfectly.

After the trouble I've gone through so far with my current build.. all I want is to be able to play my games without the absolute fear of faulty hardware :mad:

Fingers crossed, I see the expected ETA has slipped again. Hopefully Friday or early next week then for more stock! :)

Soldato
Good night sweet prince(s)

Both cards started exhibiting this a few days ago. I crash at least 2-3 times a night now, but not always with this, usually just thrown to desktop with some weird DirectX error or app has been blocked from accessing GPU hardware /sigh

Anyone know what the turn around is like for Sapphire? I'm guessing it's going to be at least a month to 6 weeks. Tempted to get 2 of those tri x cards on special to tie me over until I get these back from warranty.

BVnZ4Pwl.jpg

gUdKuj9l.jpg

Associate
They have been working although I've had to run old drivers to get crossfire to work. Not really been able to play since Saturday and I had a bit of a pain to get stuff to run to begin with had to reboot a couple times then it worked.

Associate
I just wanted to ask do all tri-x's come with Hynix memory? Heard people saying only Hynix but saw some vbio's listed as having Elpida EDW2032BBBG_DEBUG2.

Associate
I enquired about my Sapphire warranty and OCUK stated it would almost take a month for the RMA to complete

You>OCUK>Supplier>Sapphire HK<Supplier<OCUK<You

A bit to long if you ask me

Associate
Yep absolutely ridiculous. My card was black screening and has a coil whine. The black screen is not as often since the driver updates and using DDU but the whine is still there. I would rather live with it than wait almost 30 days for a RMA

Associate
Don't get me wrong the card is great and overclocks like hell under water. But if you worry about warranty go with MSI also I believe they have a 3 year warranty not 2 like Sapphire

Back
Top Bottom