• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Soldato
OP
Powercolor been offering this since launch almost. ;)

Also there were 1 or 2 other brands with EK blocks strapped to them, I don't think VisionTek sells in the EU either.

Associate
Is it worth trying the voltage unlocked ASUS bios for the ref card or is the updated sapphire bios just as good?

If anyone has tried both i'd appreciate your view on it :)

Soldato
Bit of an old thread, but I joined the dark side today :p
IMAG1015_zps4fb7041d.jpg

These cards are ridiculously huge, they only just fit in my case.

Soldato
Thanks!
Yeah I did. I got them for 300 each so thought why not :D I'm planning on going 4K :)

Yeah couldn't be bothered cropping...

Matt could you do me a favour and check what Graphics Score you get on Fire Strike at stock? Would appreciate.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks!
Yeah I did. I got them for 300 each so thought why not :D I'm planning on going 4K :)

Matt could you do me a favour and check what Graphics Score you get on Fire Strike at stock? Would appreciate.

Look like good value for money, although the brands not my cup of tea.

Caporegime
Thanks!

Yes will do mate. When i last did it, it was around 20,000 on the graphics score but i will run it again on current drivers. Give me a few hours as ive just reinstalled Windows.

Soldato
Using MSI afterburner seems to lower my Fire Strike score :confused: Has anyone experienced anything similar?
I switched over to Trixx and set the same clocks and got an extra thousand Graphics points.

Caporegime
Just realised i don't actually run afterburner or Trixx while benching. What i do is set clocks via afterburner + fan speed then i exit and run firestrike. Scoring about 20K graphics score at stock.

Caporegime
Graphics Score 20425

At 1040/1350. That seem about right?

Yeah seems about right to me, i was running my cpu at 5.2ghz to get that graphics score, using gpu clocks of 975/1250. :D

Use these afterburner settings and away you go.

jnv8Gay.jpg

If you want to do some serious benching use 13.12 WHQL. Only use 14.X if you want to use Mantle. 14.X drivers have a powertune bug, its stuck at 0% regardless of what you can set so limited overclocking once you start increasing voltage. New drivers due any day now to hopefully address that issue.

Soldato
Cheers :) Seems about right then.
Thanks Kaapstad :D

No problems with heat for me, my top card hasn't gone above 70C yet on the stock profile.
It could be quieter though, honestly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom