• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Caporegime
They're about 5C hotter than the core temps, which isn't too bad.
After 1 hour of BF4 on auto fan:

Top card
Core: 70C
VRM 1: 75C

Bottom card
Core: 61C
VRM 1: 65C

Not bad. Might be worth switching the cards around (one may run cooler than the other) and tweaking your case cooling Side exhaust fans and lots of intakes sounds ideal to me.

Soldato
Yessir :)
IMAG1025_zps9ff40156.jpg

IMAG1023_zps3cfa70b3.jpg

Associate
I just upgraded my 560Ti to a reference 290 from MM along with a mobo replacment and I'm really happy with the result.

I was going to look at a MK-26 to replace the stock cooler but as it stands it's actually less noisy than my 560Ti so I'll wait until it becomes an issue. I think I must have had a dodgy cooler on the 560Ti or it had a more noticable note as it goes against general thoughts on noise.

Caporegime
I just upgraded my 560Ti to a reference 290 from MM along with a mobo replacment and I'm really happy with the result.

I was going to look at a MK-26 to replace the stock cooler but as it stands it's actually less noisy than my 560Ti so I'll wait until it becomes an issue. I think I must have had a dodgy cooler on the 560Ti or it had a more noticable note as it goes against general thoughts on noise.

Welcome to the club. :)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Picked up a Sapphire 290 Tri-X a couple of days ago, lovely piece of kit. Absolutely silent even under full load. Cracking cooler!

Just done a small OC to 1000/5200, will play with it more when I get back from my hols :D

Soldato
Just had a non x MSI 290 Gaming delivered today. Decided to sell my 780ti and 290x and go Vanilla 290. For my needs it will be more than enough.

Even though I know what to expect I'm still a little excited about installing it later today... :)

Caporegime
Just had a non x MSI 290 Gaming delivered today. Decided to sell my 780ti and 290x and go Vanilla 290. For my needs it will be more than enough.

Even though I know what to expect I'm still a little excited about installing it later today... :)

Lol welcome back again Moog. Never can understand why you, thefogo, broomstick and god knows who else are forever changing out gpu's and switching sides on a monthly basis. It hardly seems worth all the effort to me. :p

Back
Top Bottom