• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Soldato
humbug I recommend you set a custom profile for the card to run at 20% fan speed when idle :) I can actually hear mine at the default 30%.
At 20% I only hear my hard drives :rolleyes:

Suspended
Already Done... ^^^ no throttling at that, can go as high as +50% :) edit. sorry thought you was talking about Power Management... will do that thanks :)

Well, this is where my CPU bottleneck is in Mantle, about 140 FPS in that Bottleneck spot. i'm happy with that, its 3 times what i get in DX.
Glad i didn't go for a 780, i would have probably only ended up with half that on my CPU. :)

350ox20.png

jvlug801f

Caporegime
Already Done... ^^^ no throttling at that, can go as high as +50% :) edit. sorry thought you was talking about Power Management... will do that thanks :)

Well, this is where my CPU bottleneck is in Mantle, about 140 FPS in that Bottleneck spot. i'm happy with that, its 3 times what i get in DX.
Glad i didn't go for a 780, i would have probably only ended up with half that on my CPU. :)
Nice upgrade there.:)

Strange how on that spot, it's only on that side of the car. Was testing this the other night, if you go round to the other side the fps skyrockets to 200 fps on lowest settings, cant remember with max though.

Caporegime
Cheers :)

Seems I pulled the short straw with this Elpida VRAM, it's basically maxed out at 1350 :p

Increase core voltage if you want more vram headroom. That's how it works on Hawaii. I can do around 1450 on stock voltage. Any higher needs a bump.

If it was me id leave vram at 1350 or 1400 and focus on the core. That's where the most of the gains are to be had.

Soldato
Increase core voltage if you want more vram headroom. That's how it works on Hawaii. I can do around 1450 on stock voltage. Any higher needs a bump.

If it was me id leave vram at 1350 or 1400 and focus on the core. That's where the most of the gains are to be had.

Yeah I don't think I'll bother with the memory, 1350 is fine.
I'll just wait until the powertune bug is fixed. I like Mantle :)

Caporegime
You can always fiddle with AUX voltage as well. Sometimes that can eek you out a slightly higher memory clock. You probably need more core voltage to get the memory higher fogo.

Back
Top Bottom