• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Caporegime
Are the Beta drivers the best to use. Tbh I tried mantle on BF4 but it just seems the same as DX to me ?

If you're going to use Mantle use 14.3 drivers and use this user.cfg. It will help highlight the differences between DX/Mantle by displaying the fps, rendering times and render overlay. Place inside your bf4.exe game folder.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7fhe05

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ok cool downloaded it but have no idea where to stick it... ? :D

I just edited my post. :p

Place it in the main BF4.exe folder inside Origin Games. Then play DX for 10 minutes on a 64 man server. Then select Mantle (and restart the game) and see if you can notice a difference. The difference is massive on multi card, less so on single card.

Soldato
Both give pretty much 60Fps all of the time with occasional drops in the high 50's. Tried Rogue transmission 64 player. Like you say might need multi card to see the best but one card is doing fine for me at 1440p. Tbh it just seems the same as the 780Ti but half the price.... Nice..

Soldato
I have noticed my GPU usage in BF4 goes up and down like a saw tooth in Afterburner. The game plays fine just weird its jumping from 0-100 constant.

Edit - I seem to be getting this with every game ? Even at stock afterburner shows it but everything runs ok.. Weird...

Last edited:
Suspended
What is Aux Voltage and why is the memory Voltage locked?

o92rdl.png

Caporegime
I have noticed my GPU usage in BF4 goes up and down like a saw tooth in Afterburner. The game plays fine just weird its jumping from 0-100 constant.

Edit - I seem to be getting this with every game ? Even at stock afterburner shows it but everything runs ok.. Weird...

Use MSI Afterburner beta 19 and tick enable unified gpu usage monitoring. Gives a more accurate and consistent reading of gpu usage with less fluctuations Moog.

rwrZCTU.jpg

What is Aux Voltage and why is the memory Voltage locked?

o92rdl.png

What Greg said. Using it can help you get a bit more stability on the core and memory when used in conjunction with core voltage. Memory voltage is tied into core voltage with Hawaii. So if you want to overclock the memory further, add more core voltage. For your gaming needs 1350 will be plenty.

Caporegime
Hi all, I'd like to enter my solitary 290 Gaming if I may!

I've actually been having some issues with it lately, never experienced this before. Whilst playing WoW it will go "odd". It doesn't fit the bill of artifacts so allow me to explain. The screen gets what looks like sheets waving around as I look around. It's perfectly straight lines, lots of them, which seem to be fixed on certain objects and move around. When I keep my mouse still, they sit still too.

They're usually filled in in black, hence the "sheet" effect.

Is this artifacting? I get it in BF4 as well. Restarting the game usually clears it but it comes back eventually. Could be a minute, could be days.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom