• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Soldato
My CPU hit 70C, damn. These cards heat my case up quite a bit :p
Yeah I'm only getting ~60-70% gpu usage. Still bottlenecked even with Mantle?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mantle.
Yeah it does. My GPU Usage was all over the place though.

Which map? I can do a comparison. What frame pacing method are you using?

Are you using beta 19 of afterburner and have you ticked enable unified gpu usage monitoring?

I was using method 2 in the screenshot below. As you can see my gpu usage was low, at 1440P. Because im sacrificing fps for frame variance consistency by using method 2. Still getting around 115fps at 1440P though.

7Y4aIhD.jpg

Caporegime
It was Nansha Strike. I'm just using whatever is default for frame pacing.

Should've used my config i posted for you. ;) (default in that was method 1)

Default is frame pacing method 2. Bordering on insane frame time consistency, whilst sacrificing fps. Use method 1 for frame pacing without the fps hit or method 0 for all guns blazing. I normally use method 1, but i can't tell the difference between 0, 1 and 2. :D I'm using 2 at the moment just because well, its still more fps than i need so may as well make it anally consistent.

Called it above. Frame pacing method 2, like im using currently.

Caporegime
Just played a 45 minute game and my average fps was 133 again :p
r99iKjP.jpg

It's showing that I'm using 4 job threads, is that correct?

That's correct. What method was that using in the config? Did you double check? Maybe i had it set as 2 by mistake. :p

That looks like method 2 to me, as your gpu usage is not at 99% I assume no frame limiters or vsync is in play.

Back
Top Bottom