• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Soldato
Yeah I'm just running stock so I'm not sure. Never had a problem with BF4. Hm.
Just remembered you asked what BIOS I had :p
643434_zpscc476940.jpg

Soldato
Having more problems with this card :(
Just had a crash on ghosts. It froze, then went to a black screen. It finally got back to the desktop and my clocks are now stuck in 3D mode.
I'm going to revert back to 14.3.

Caporegime
Having more problems with this card :(
Just had a crash on ghosts. It froze, then went to a black screen. It finally got back to the desktop and my clocks are now stuck in 3D mode.

Sounds like the card is not stable with its out of the box overclocks to me. Try putting the vram back to 1250 and see if it still does it. However im wondering if this is core related as if it was memory related you'd have to restart to get control back.

Caporegime
The thing that i have noticed about Hawaii cards;

If you run vSync on a game that isn't demanding the card will down clock its self, it seems that it will only run maximum clocks if it needs to to keep the maximum FPS locked in a constant, with vSync off it run at max clocks constantly.

I'm wondering if with something like CoD demanding so little from the GPU that its down clocking its self to such an extent its also switching between 3D and 2D volts.

That could cause Black Screens, which is why i asked if its ok if you force constant Voltage.

Soldato
Just thought I'd see what FPS I got in EVE Online, a game I played for 5 years but haven't really played in a few years, with the 290.

Last time I played with my old GTX 460 iirc I was getting around 80 fps at 1920x1200. I fire up a trial account and was getting around 500 fps everywhere except the station in Jita at planet 4 moon 4 (very busy system with nearly 2k people in there for non EVEers) where there was around 100 people outside the station anmd I was getting just below 200 fps.

500 fps made me smile :D

Caporegime
Just thought I'd see what FPS I got in EVE Online, a game I played for 5 years but haven't really played in a few years, with the 290.

Last time I played with my old GTX 460 iirc I was getting around 80 fps at 1920x1200. I fire up a trial account and was getting around 500 fps everywhere except the station in Jita at planet 4 moon 4 (very busy system with nearly 2k people in there for non EVEers) where there was around 100 people outside the station anmd I was getting just below 200 fps.

500 fps made me smile :D

500 FPS :D its also an interesting play thing to load up some old games that you know needed a powerful GPU to run well at 1080P 10 years ago, and how many 100's of FPS your getting now, like BF2....

Back
Top Bottom