• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 290X with Hawaii GPU pictured, has 512-bit 4GB Memory

Soldato
wait and see.
I'm not sure if you can talk about this, but since you mentioned R290 and R290X above, I thought it's pretty much a confirmation that we will be getting two Hawaii GPU based cards?

So is that one card or two cards above the 280x?

I was just being realistic, as I know I won't be paying £500 for a graphic card, that's why I said R290 would be my most likely choice instead of R290X (if it will exist).

Caporegime
OP
Well, a good time to buy myself a xmas present then I guess

Would be funny it if launch after the 25th :p

Treat yourself to an upgrade marine! ;)

Treat me to an upgrade as well please Marine. I'd like a third 7950 HIS Ice-Q please. Can you also buy Humbug a second 7870? He loves those cards.

The graphics cards are on Marine!

Caporegime
AMD rebadges last series (with minor changes) for lower cards, and new halo model in the new £500+ price point.

EXACTLY the same as NV this gen. :o

Slightly off-topic, but I believe the footnote in history for this time period will be: "The era when men put profit before progress." In just about all walks of life, progress has slowed as companies focus solely on making as much money as possible in the short term.

Associate
Slightly off-topic, but I believe the footnote in history for this time period will be: "The era when men put profit before progress." In just about all walks of life, progress has slowed as companies focus solely on making as much money as possible in the short term.

Agreed. ;)

This is just so dissapointing:

R290 should sit just under 780 in games and will be cheaper, R290 X is faster than 780 in some games and will be about same price.

New gen and NO progress at launch. :(

Maybe in future. Better drivers, Mantle.... who knows. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
So the prices and structure are very similar to Nvidia 7XX this round, AMD launching quite a few months later as well, I did expect AMD to beat Nvidia in a big way either on performance or 'price VS performance'. All the info so far suggests similar performance, similar price. Not that impressive tbh. Def no reason to switch from a 780 so far. Roll on 20nm..

Back
Top Bottom