• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The thing is though...when Fury X was launched, it didn't generate much positive reaction due to being over-shadowed by Nvidia's unprecedented relatively low price flagship launch. In my opinion, in order for Nano to set a footing in the current market, they CANNOT be priced at the same price level as the Fury X. It need to be like the 970, entering the scene at a lower price than EVERYONE expect them to be, in order to shake things up.

If it is priced at above £400, the Nano will just been greeted with reaction of "mere", much like the Fury X.

Soldato
Judging by their pricing, I suspect AMD are not too concerned if the Fiji cards sell a lot at the moment. Their main market is the low-mid segment of the market and seem to be selling well. the 380 and 390 have an edge in their segment and probably make a better profit than the Fury Line.

With HBM constraints the Fury series will be limited supply so the price could remain high for a while.

Associate
I used to like Hardocp But if they have that many gameworks titles in their testing suite no **** they ain't getting a card. The amount of noise they are making about this is really making me think they protest to much. "Hey, I don't really care but, but, but..."
The sheer amount of public butthurt coming out of HardOCP suggests either they are in fact seriously cheesed off about being cut out, or they are pumping up what is really a storm in a teacup in desperation for page views. Possibly both.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the sites AMD has got frustrated enough with to stop supplying review samples are ones like HOCP and TR that, to put it politely, have seen their best days come and go and are no doubt in survival mode, focused on doing whatever it takes to ensure they remain viable in the short-term; TR has been very up-front that they are in financial trouble and asking readers to pay for subscriptions was basically their last chance at saving the site. And given the state of HardOCP's output these days I doubt they're doing all that much better.

Soldato
The sheer amount of public butthurt coming out of HardOCP suggests either they are in fact seriously cheesed off about being cut out, or they are pumping up what is really a storm in a teacup in desperation for page views. Possibly both.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the sites AMD has got frustrated enough with to stop supplying review samples are ones like HOCP and TR that, to put it politely, have seen their best days come and go and are no doubt in survival mode, focused on doing whatever it takes to ensure they remain viable in the short-term; TR has been very up-front that they are in financial trouble and asking readers to pay for subscriptions was basically their last chance at saving the site. And given the state of HardOCP's output these days I doubt they're doing all that much better.

I think it actually confirms that HardOCP is Nvidia biased. The public outcry by them is exactly what an Nvidia fanboy would do..try to discredit the competition :(.

The posts by the site owners/reviewers in their forum just re-enforces this. No journalist should publicly put down an unreleased card weeks before launch.

Last edited:
Caporegime
AMD should send me a Nano for a forum review.

I don't look to see if a game is Nvidia or AMD specific, If I got it and its modern then I will run it.

I also make sure drivers are the latest too, I have seen one or two sites use dated drivers when newer are available.

Caporegime
AMD should send me a Nano for a forum review.

I don't look to see if a game is Nvidia or AMD specific, If I got it and its modern then I will run it.

I also make sure drivers are the latest too, I have seen one or two sites use dated drivers when newer are available.

They should send me one as I am completely fair and unbiased in any hardware reviews I have done. I use the latest drivers and I show what is what in frames via recording with a Capture Card.

Thinking about it, because of that I doubt they will send me one :D

Caporegime
They should send me one as I am completely fair and unbiased in any hardware reviews I have done. I use the latest drivers and I show what is what in frames via recording with a Capture Card.

If I was AMD you would be the last person I would call:D

Soldato
I wouldn't of thought AMD needed help in that department of late :eek:
Na, trying to discredit Nvidia would only achieve the same result of spitting against the wind...just look that the whole 970 vramgate situation, it barely made a dent and was moved on from in no time at all. It's amazing that there are still people recommending it over the 390 8GB to today :p

I have no problem recommending Nvidia cards (for the right reasons), but 970 wouldn't be one of them. In fact for currently Nvidia's offerings, I would probably say "go GTX980Ti or go home", due to everything below the 980Ti that Nvidia offers pales in comparison to what AMD offers lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it actually confirms that HardOCP is Nvidia biased. The public outcry by them is exactly what an Nvidia fanboy would do..try to discredit the competition :(.

The posts by the site owners/reviewers in their forum just re-enforces this. No journalist should publicly put down an unreleased card weeks before launch.

Let me see you are fine with a card AMD card not being sent to a supposed basis Nvidia site but are fine with it going to AMD biased site. Well that's just a little bias and is not going to help anyone.

AMD was fine with HardOCP 2 weeks ago sending them to the paper launch but are not now its, that's odd.

HardOCP even gave a silver reward to last AMD card they reviewed a 390x closing the review off with:

"Considering the price of the GeForce GTX 980 ranges between $485 and $604, the ASUS R9 390X DirectCU III 8G OC provides competitive gaming at a reduced price and the potential for greater 4K experience with CrossFire considering it has 8GB of VRAM versus 4GB on the GTX 980, giving it room to grow with multiple-cards."

Yer clear Nvidia bias ;)

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
Actually, spoke to someone on LIVE chat and he said that product listing will go live later today and ETA will be on listing. I assume sometime next week. Hopefully sooner!

Well that pretty much confirms the token supply at launch with more to follow at a latter date. I do hope they are not just going to trickle in like the furyX's.

Soldato

That last sentence implies that you think the AMD cards are cr** which goes against what your reviews say. So what is it? your review stating the FuryX is a nice card is a lie or what?

Caporegime
TPU are another site that Roy tweeted "reviews need to be fair" and excluded them from getting a Nano. Seems a bit off to me and potential buyers will sift through many reviews before purchasing and make his/her own mind up from the multiple reviews. AMD only sending out to biased reviewers feels dirty and wrong.

Soldato
Let me see you are fine with a card AMD card not being sent to a supposed basis Nvidia site but are fine with it going to AMD biased site. Well that's just a little bias and is not going to help anyone.

AMD was fine with HardOCP 2 weeks ago sending them to the paper launch but are not now its, that's odd.

HardOCP even gave a silver reward to last AMD card they reviewed a 390x closing the review off with:

"Considering the price of the GeForce GTX 980 ranges between $485 and $604, the ASUS R9 390X DirectCU III 8G OC provides competitive gaming at a reduced price and the potential for greater 4K experience with CrossFire considering it has 8GB of VRAM versus 4GB on the GTX 980, giving it room to grow with multiple-cards."

Yer clear Nvidia bias ;)

There will be plenty of reviews from site which are well known so I doubt every site will be AMD biased. Let's see if Anantech, PcPer, Tom's Hardware, LinusTech, etc get them. They are usually accused of Nvidia bias.

I think the snide remarks about the nano pricing, etc a few weeks back may have pi**** AMD off
The latest rant will have done them no favors either. Any decent journalist would probably take it up with AMD privately but not go public like they have.

Caporegime
That last sentence implies that you think the AMD cards are cr** which goes against what your reviews say. So what is it? your review stating the FuryX is a nice card is a lie or what?

My last sentence was supposedly being humerous and my reviews show what I think. I thought you would know this as you watched my reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom