• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RDNA3 unveiling event

Soldato
If that made any sense we wouldn't see the 6900 XT and 3090 flipping like it does. This has nothing to do with RDNA3. But that doesn't help your narrative. Some games favour AMD and some favour Nvidia. Nothing more complicated about it.
Exactly. Moreover what people don't get is that the scene in question can easily flip the results from one side winning to the other winning handily, so then which is the real result? We saw this particularly with Halo Infinite benchmarks (for Ampere vs RDNA 2) that were all over the place depending on the publication (and their scene choice). The truth is a lot of benchmark results are actually very misleading and not representative of overall gameplay. Mind you I'm not saying it's a deliberate or evil thing, it's just an issue of time, because hardware reviewers simply can't benchmark the whole game.

Last edited:
Soldato
I get that but not if I had reply like this

"Thank you for your reply concerning your replacement request.

I understand you would like a replacement for your RX 7900 XTX. It's important to note that at this moment, we are unable to start the process for replacing your card, as we have no inventory available in our warehouses.

The replacement will be processed once the inventory has been replenished, this will take several weeks. If instead you prefer to receive a refund, we can process this refund immediately"
The same issue if you wanted to RMA 3000 nvidia or 6000 series AMD when they released though. Some RMAs were generally months for those cards cause no stock.

If you don't want to wait then refund and buy a different product is another option.

Caporegime
If that made any sense we wouldn't see the 6900 XT and 3090 flipping like it does. This has nothing to do with RDNA3. But that doesn't help your narrative. Some games favour AMD and some favour Nvidia. Nothing more complicated about it.

My narrative? Am i a radeon fanboi or Nvidia? make your minds up guys or just stop with these extremist assumptions.

Soldato
That is missing the fact that the ones that flip flop back and are bad for AMD are significantly worse this gen and not only a few % out but 10-15% out. So there still seems to be an issue for AMD on those titles specifically. Not suggesting they would be above like the previous games but the gap should be much tighter which would suggest a greater regression in those specific games at moment for AMD and likely meaning still not working as well as expected.

Soldato
My narrative? Am i a radeon fanboi or Nvidia? make your minds up guys or just stop with these extremist assumptions.

Working... not working....

or were you just posting some random benchmarks.

Who said anything about being a fanboy, a bit defensive there.

That is missing the fact that the ones that flip flop back and are bad for AMD are significantly worse this gen and not only a few % out but 10-15% out. So there still seems to be an issue for AMD on those titles specifically. Not suggesting they would be above like the previous games but the gap should be much tighter which would suggest a greater regression in those specific games at moment for AMD and likely meaning still not working as well as expected.

I mean we've now gone from something very tenuous to something even more tenuous. We shouldn't try and picture something we hope to see out of some noise.

What exactly isn't working? A technical explanation of how these particular games are affected would back up this hypothesis.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Working... not working....

or were you just posting some random benchmarks.

Who said anything about being a fanboy, a bit defensive there.

I mean we've now gone from something very tenuous to something even more tenuous. We shouldn't try and picture something we hope to see out of some noise.

lol, you don't even know the context of that do you?

Soldato
Which post?

Lol, we gonna play this game of you trying to catch me out. The one right above the post you made. The one claiming there is more to unlock for RDNA3, the one you quoted.

Provide some real evidence next time instead of benchmarks which behave similarly for RDNA2.

People claiming AMD hardware is ahead of its time (or isn't optimised for yet) is nothing new. I've seen this story play out many times since GCN was first introduced.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lol, we gonna play this game of you trying to catch me out. The one right above the post you made. The one claiming there is more to unlock for RDNA3, the one you quoted.

Provide some real evidence next time instead of benchmarks which behave similarly for RDNA2.
Lol, we gonna play this game of you trying to catch me out.
Well, yeah.... you put your foot in it.

The one right above the post you made. The one claiming there is more to unlock for RDNA3, the one you quoted.

No. Its a follow-on from this.
It does make you wonder if AMD have forgotten that they had a dual issue architecture once before and moved away from it for good reason.

Associate

People claiming AMD hardware is ahead of its time (or isn't optimised for yet) is nothing new. I've seen this story play out many times since GCN was first introduced.

from what i see amd will have to offload more of the batching and scheduling work in software.. this needs a hardware revision like increasing the number of stages, expanding instruction buffers and that sort of thing.. amd has been using a simd architecture and relies on vectorization to manage workloads and utilization unlike nvidia which further adds to complexity.. its like they have extended cpu design philosophies to the gpu

Last edited:
Caporegime
from what i see amd will have to offload more of the batching and scheduling work in software.. this needs a hardware revision like increasing the number of stages, expanding instruction buffers and that sort of thing.. amd has been using a simd architecture and relies on vectorization to manage workloads and utilization unlike nvidia which further adds to complexity.. its like they have extended cpu design philosophies to the gpu

Like Hyper-threading for the GPU?

Back
Top Bottom