• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RDNA3 unveiling event

Caporegime
I'm sure Lumen RT for the vast majority of people will provide a very noticeable uplift in graphical fidelity.

What you're referring to is modes for folks who spunked £1000+ on a GPU to justify their purchase :p

Like any graphical setting and hardware purchase, you set settings based on what your hardware is capable of and what fps you're happy with. Some will be more than happy with the basic lumen software RT mode, others will want the better visuals and of course will have to pay for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
RIP 7900xtx RMA

"Thank you for your reply concerning your replacement request.

I understand you would like a replacement for your RX 7900 XTX. It's important to note that at this moment, we are unable to start the process for replacing your card, as we have no inventory available in our warehouses.

The replacement will be processed once the inventory has been replenished, this will take several weeks. If instead you prefer to receive a refund, we can process this refund immediately"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
AMD admit small batch of XTX coolers don't have enough water and will be replaced, only made by AMD cards affected.

Already been posted hours ago. Not sure why big issue made. Loads of things have batch issues, from cars to white goods to electronics. Yeah it happened, yeah it not good, but it also going to be fixed and sorted.

Soldato
Already been posted hours ago. Not sure why big issue made. Loads of things have batch issues, from cars to white goods to electronics. Yeah it happened, yeah it not good, but it also going to be fixed and sorted.

I get that but not if I had reply like this

I understand you would like a replacement for your RX 7900 XTX. It's important to note that at this moment, we are unable to start the process for replacing your card, as we have no inventory available in our warehouses.

The replacement will be processed once the inventory has been replenished, this will take several weeks. If instead you prefer to receive a refund, we can process this refund immediately"

Soldato

What they gonna do, magic up inventory for replacements?

Associate

The email is giving you your options? with a warning that they have no stock for an instant replacement so it may take longer.
With this information you can return instantly for a refund or hold onto the card (but still register the RMA)until they have replacements ready for you.
The alternative was that you send the card back now and then go 4-5 weeks without a card because they never told you they had no replacements....

Also it's been what 4 weeks since launch?
They either need to make more GPUS or rearrange stock and get new coolers on the faulty batches that have not reached customers yet. We've also just had a holiday period in the middle of this.

In an ideal world the coolers wouldn't have been faulty but s*** happens

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Get a refund and spend £1300 instead, absolute genius.

The more you buy.. the more we laugh

ImmaculateAdeptDassierat-max-1mb.gif

Associate
Get a refund and spend £1300 instead, absolute genius.
Genius indeed.

In europe they’re equal in price (1300 euros ) while the 4080 is better.

Also, nah better to just keep trying AMD cause you know, fanboysm. I mean, they got no cards to process the RMA so better to wait around with that dud huh?

But why stop there? £300 more and you get the best card money can buy. Your e-peen will love your for it
:p

Also true.

Last edited:
Associate
But why stop there? £300 more and you get the best card money can buy. Your e-peen will love your for it :p
But ask yourself once again, why stop there? £300 more, not only can you get the best card money can buy, but you can also buy yourself a real nice leather jacket. Then your ego can love you for it!

Back
Top Bottom