• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RDNA3 unveiling event

MLID has an interesting video on the latest card sales. 7900 xtx doing exceptionally well

If true. Good to hear. But I doubt it will be in another 3 months time once everyone had their fill. Price needs to come down or sales will slow down a lot imo.

MLID has an interesting video on the latest card sales. 7900 xtx doing exceptionally well

So has rtx4000 it seems, combined RTX4000 makes up 1% of steam market share, meaning over 2 million gaming PCs now have an RTX4000 gpu inside including 1 million PCs which have an RTX4090

Can't comment on rx7000 yet as it has reached enough share to show up on the list, GPUs under 0.1% share are hidden and there is always time delay with steam

Last edited:
Reference card memory temps are hideous, no wonder I was allowed a B-Stock 7900 XT for £749. Yeah, no thanks, probably should have researched the cooler first before wasting my time with an offer.

Reference card memory temps are hideous, no wonder I was allowed a B-Stock 7900 XT for £749. Yeah, no thanks, probably should have researched the cooler first before wasting my time with an offer.

What is hideous?

MBA cooler on my 7900XT was great I thought, had no problems with it.

I hope people will learn this time not to get on the hype train, how many times has there been so much hype (created largely by the fan base tbh) only to be let down.

Well.. the fanbase did get some fuel with some daft claims:

Resize

02qkEBO1zwByA2FvxiYOsHo-3.fit_lim.size_768x.png

Looks like AMD and Nvidia for that matter will have to stick with 5nm if they plan on launching new GPUs this year.

This is because Apple has pre purchased 100% of TSMC's 3nm wafer supply for this year coming from its new Fab18 factory in Taiwan. 3nm is TSMC's next full node hop and offers 70% higher transistor density over 5nm.

Last edited:
I hope people will learn this time not to get on the hype train, how many times has there been so much hype (created largely by the fan base tbh) only to be let down.
each generation add some speed and now and then new features.
depending on node and die size its relatively easy to calculate benefits.
amd has as we seen the best gaming cards for the majority of gamers 99%.
nvidia only has the 4090 for the 1% and as we seen amd 7900xtx beats it in many games especially at 1080p and 1440p

Not sure how that is disappointing unless your a nvidia fan

each generation add some speed and now and then new features.
depending on node and die size its relatively easy to calculate benefits.
amd has as we seen the best gaming cards for the majority of gamers 99%.
nvidia only has the 4090 for the 1% and as we seen amd 7900xtx beats it in many games especially at 1080p and 1440p

Not sure how that is disappointing unless your a nvidia fan

The reference point for the dissapointment is not Nvidia. It's AMD.

They had enough product launches where the products released met, and often exceeded, the promises AMD made before hand.

Then, with RDNA3, they basically said "Haha! You suckers should have read the fine print!"

Did RDNA 3 even meet the 50% performance-per-watt increase? I suspect they have some scenario, somewhere, their lawyers can point to, (in the fine print) but I don't recall seeing it anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom