• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AMD RX 7900 SERIES AVAILABLE & IN STOCK TODAY FROM 2PM ****(BACK ORDER UPDATES WITHIN THIS THREAD)*

think the few good things about evga were warranty transfer, you could put waterblock on without voiding warranty and their step up program, but being in the uk we barely got to use evga anyway
Exactly, anything better about evga was USA only. There rma and warranty for anywhere else was just as bad as anyone else. They were just as bad. The only benefit they had was being a USA based company so they could more easily pay of reviewers and cope their way out of issues better when they got caught trying to rip people off.

Why evga cards weren't any cheaper than anyone else's?
Guess you did not comprehend my point. EVGA left the market, they are sick of Nvidia and their driving prices so high, that owning a GPU is becoming akin to everyone who wants to buy a new car needing to save up for a Ferrari, as there is no longer a Fiesta/Focus/Golf for sale on the market for regular care buyers, who want value for money but still need a good ride. The GPU market is a FARSE, EVGA have an insider view and saw the way Nvidia are taking it, and they bailed, good on them, hence they get my respect. All GPU manufacturers & retailers on the other hand, who keep selling these products are just part of the same cancerous problem. GREED.

Exactly, anything better about evga was USA only. There rma and warranty for anywhere else was just as bad as anyone else. They were just as bad. The only benefit they had was being a USA based company so they could more easily pay of reviewers and cope their way out of issues better when they got caught trying to rip people off.
Don't know what you on about you still got the same warranty and it was transferable. They set up a UK warranty location too during the 900 series release, prior to that it was Germany for returns.

And I used their step-up program to go from 780 to 980. If you want to talk rubbish and make things up that's fine but at least show evidence.

Don't know what you on about you still got the same warranty and it was transferable. They set up a UK warranty location too during the 900 series release, prior to that it was Germany for returns.

And I used their step-up program to go from 780 to 980. If you want to talk rubbish and make things up that's fine but at least show evidence.
there warranty is still in Germany........ still takes them a month to get a proper RMA done, just like it would for MSI, ASUS etc. If anything Gigabyte is better for the uk. Their 1000 series cards are well known to blow up. especially the 1070. I dont see why EVGA are considered better than anyone else. In the USA they have much faster turn round times as they have stock. They always prioritised USA customers over Europe.

Guess you did not comprehend my point. EVGA left the market, they are sick of Nvidia and their driving prices so high, that owning a GPU is becoming akin to everyone who wants to buy a new car needing to save up for a Ferrari, as there is no longer a Fiesta/Focus/Golf for sale on the market for regular care buyers, who want value for money but still need a good ride. The GPU market is a FARSE, EVGA have an insider view and saw the way Nvidia are taking it, and they bailed, good on them, hence they get my respect. All GPU manufacturers & retailers on the other hand, who keep selling these products are just part of the same cancerous problem. GREED.
LOL. They were perfectly happy to sell kingpin cards and FTW3 at way over MSRP. EVGA were never a ford focus brand. They are high end. Any market is hard which is why companies come and go all the time. EVGA couldn't take the heat so they got out the kitchen. They get no respect from me for quitting on their customers for their own personal gains.

Deffo seems more of an XTX issue. My XT is perfectly fine. No problems temperature wise.

Starting to lean towards one of these. I’ve got a 750w psu and really can’t be bothered to change it at this point. The system is only about a year old so it will just drop in with minimal fuss and give me a nice boost over my current 3070.

there warranty is still in Germany........ still takes them a month to get a proper RMA done, just like it would for MSI, ASUS etc. If anything Gigabyte is better for the uk. Their 1000 series cards are well known to blow up. especially the 1070. I dont see why EVGA are considered better than anyone else. In the USA they have much faster turn round times as they have stock. They always prioritised USA customers over Europe.
Last time I used them it was UK based that you the customer sent it though. Not direct to Germany. They might of sent off to Germany after but you as customer only posted it to a UK address.

When I did step-up program it was directed to Germany as they opened up their address in UK after. That was 2 weeks.

Also it took 9 days for my turn around for the UK RMA. My gigabyte took 9 weeks for a mobo. I gave up on Asus after chasing for 12 weeks after they lost it and first claimed they never had it. So yeah all in all when needed I've found EVGA to be much better. All moot now though.

In contemporary times EVGA have sucked worse and worse. They are a USA first and foremost company, their 3000 series queue system was the biggest joke out there. Outside of the US the cards were drip feed, the US got all the cards mostly. There EU store is literally closed, you cannot buy their boards and the rest is rather sparse too. The company is one of the worst out there unless you live in the US, their RMA is direct to Germany and because of Brexit you have to pay fee's to have your card back, the company is a horror show.

In contemporary times EVGA have sucked worse and worse. They are a USA first and foremost company, their 3000 series queue system was the biggest joke out there. Outside of the US the cards were drip feed, the US got all the cards mostly. There EU store is literally closed, you cannot buy their boards and the rest is rather sparse too. The company is one of the worst out there unless you live in the US, their RMA is direct to Germany and because of Brexit you have to pay fee's to have your card back, the company is a horror show.
Fair they were spot on every time used back in day and I expect that why a lot felt the loss cause lots of people upgrading last with them was like 900/1000 series.

I'd never pay the Asus tax for their custom cards or their mobos though. Gigabyte had issues with but generally very similar spec to Asus but 10-15% less. And Asus has hardly been rosie. All companies as far as I'm concerned are not brilliant tbh.

I've had a few EVGA products over the years and they were all top quality. Obviously it is a premium product company and you paid the price. Their after sales service was great in addition to the step up program. But as the poster above says they are an American company first and foremost and they let Europeans down with the 3000 series

I've had a few EVGA products over the years and they were all top quality. Obviously it is a premium product company and you paid the price. Their after sales service was great in addition to the step up program. But as the poster above says they are an American company first and foremost and they let Europeans down with the 3000 series
To be fair I think most manufacturers let people down as they chose to bulk sell to mining farms at a higher price once crypto took off rather than fulfil the back orders to gamers.

Back
Top Bottom