• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AMD RX 7900 SERIES AVAILABLE & IN STOCK TODAY FROM 2PM ****(BACK ORDER UPDATES WITHIN THIS THREAD)*

Hi everyone , new to the forum and also PC gaming , I’ve actually ordered one of these B-Tier or B-Stock XTX cards.

I wanted to ask what should I expect? Are these usually faulty units or have problems with them? I don’t mind physical blemishes or missing parts such as the box etc but I am concerned with the junction temps that have been reported.

For what it’s worth I will be vertically mounting.

I just wanted to ask how I spot these issues as I will simply return it instantly if there are significant issues.
I often buy OCUK B-Grade GPUs and they have ranged from a second-hand card in an anti-static bag to a still sealed card with a damaged box. As you have ordered a new model, it is likely to be a customer return or a damaged box.

Last edited:
Don't know what you on about you still got the same warranty and it was transferable. They set up a UK warranty location too during the 900 series release, prior to that it was Germany for returns.

And I used their step-up program to go from 780 to 980. If you want to talk rubbish and make things up that's fine but at least show evidence.
From my long experience with EVGA in the US (my forum account there was one of the oldest active), their warrantee service second to none and their step-up program without precedent (which I used several times). They also introduced one of the most airtight anti-scalper programs with during the Ampere series pricing maelstrom where tenured forum members got first dibs. They really did illicit customer loyalty on another level.

As with all things of the like, however, people started taking the p with warrantees and step-up and they need to get much stricter and scale back benefits. It was sad hearing from forum mods and reps how much customers were pushing the envelope on trying to get upgrades and returns under suspect conditions i.e. taking advantage of goodwill.

All through this, they stuck to their moral guns and finally threw in the towel when nV went beyond the pale on pricing and AIB margin cutting.

Back
Top Bottom