• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AMD RX 7900 SERIES AVAILABLE & IN STOCK TODAY FROM 2PM ****(BACK ORDER UPDATES WITHIN THIS THREAD)*

Soldato
Fair they were spot on every time used back in day and I expect that why a lot felt the loss cause lots of people upgrading last with them was like 900/1000 series.

I'd never pay the Asus tax for their custom cards or their mobos though. Gigabyte had issues with but generally very similar spec to Asus but 10-15% less. And Asus has hardly been rosie. All companies as far as I'm concerned are not brilliant tbh.
The Asus tax does suck, never buy their products. Gigabyte are hit and miss, their aesthetics are atrocious too. They all suck to be honest, except Sapphire, I love Sapphire.

Associate
Considering making the jump from a 3080 to an XTX, how will it pair with my 5600x at 1440p ultrawide?

Also considering upgrading my pre-order to a Sapphire Nitro XTX with the same CPU for 4k gaming mainly. I currently have the XT or pre-order but feel maybe the XTX makes more sense, just not sure it makes +£300 more sense.. because then it comes into 4080 pricing.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi everyone , new to the forum and also PC gaming , I’ve actually ordered one of these B-Tier or B-Stock XTX cards.

I wanted to ask what should I expect? Are these usually faulty units or have problems with them? I don’t mind physical blemishes or missing parts such as the box etc but I am concerned with the junction temps that have been reported.

For what it’s worth I will be vertically mounting.

I just wanted to ask how I spot these issues as I will simply return it instantly if there are significant issues.

Soldato
Hi everyone , new to the forum and also PC gaming , I’ve actually ordered one of these B-Tier or B-Stock XTX cards.

I wanted to ask what should I expect? Are these usually faulty units or have problems with them? I don’t mind physical blemishes or missing parts such as the box etc but I am concerned with the junction temps that have been reported.

I just wanted to ask how I spot these issues as I will simply return it instantly if there are significant issues.
Install horizontally and vertically, whichever method shows high temps, send it back. It is irrelevant if the issue is lessened via a vertical mount, you would still have a broken card and the issue would just worsen anyway. You could ask OC, they must have tested it right? Bet they didn't.

Associate

It's not worth the £1049 asking price as that's £50 over MSRP ($999+vat @ 1.2$ to £1)
I'd strongly recommend a custom card unless you are using a waterblock?
Latest on the issue below.

Associate
First graphics card and it's a BGrade, wow that's brave...:eek:
Not my first! I have a 6800 xt already.
Just thought if we’re talking a few scuffs or no box or something I can deal with it.

In terms
Of extended warranty there wasn’t an option at check out.

I’m hoping with most of these issues online it’s a case of a vocal minority rather than par for the course. I am aware of the potential throttling issues and temps but I’m hoping in good faith that overclockers knows about these issues also and those would faulty units rather than B- Tier stock but we shall see.

My question was around people’s experience with overclockers and if they consider faulty stock as b-tier and to ask for advice on how to spot these potential throttling or high junction temps (google says open performance monitoring in windows)

Back
Top Bottom