AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
nice then. once i finally get a 5900X next year (no rush for me as 3600XT is very good = its just that this may be the last cpu I can put in my X570 - unless they decide to do a 5900XT sometime down the line) - then I could get my wifes ram sticks (8 pack edition like mine). unfortunately my wife doesnt like me messing with our computers and has this mind set that once you have built it thats it!

Yeah makes sense to grab them when she's not looking! From what buildzoid had said, you'll either want 4 single rank sticks or 2 dual rank sticks. Either combination gives you a good boost over 2 single rank sticks.

Associate
Got 2 quick questions - Im quite early in the queue (<20) for a 5600x, so IF stock comes in on Wednesday as planned -
1. Does the fact that I selected 'Next day delivery' mean I can be hopeful for it shipping out from OCUK to me by Friday?
2. Does the person at position 1 in the queue get the first CPU or are there others who ordered CPUs while they were 'in stock' that still need to have their orders taken care of first?

Sorry if these have been answered, I didnt get a change to read every post in the thread!

(Also really apprechiate the updates Gibbo, thanks for being so transparent with us!)

I'm number 2 in queue so i can report back as soon as i get a confirmation of dispatch through.

Im number 1 in the queue, hi number 2. From what I understand, I am the first person whos order could not be forefilled from their original stock, so hoping to get it on Wednesday/Thursday if stock arrives.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Not great news concerning the large official amount of stock, this is a copy and paste of the message the master distributor sent to me:
Heads up Gibbo - AMD delivery dates continue to slip on 5000 series from their latest backorder report- here is latest expected to ship in nov - 300 x 5900x PIB now with sdd date of 24/11, 60 x 5950x pib with SDD date of 20/11 , 108 x 5600x mpk with sdd date of 26/11 . sorry its a mssive pain these keep slipping

As soon as they give me another update I shall let you guys know.

Associate
Hi there

Not great news concerning the large official amount of stock, this is a copy and paste of the message the master distributor sent to me:
Heads up Gibbo - AMD delivery dates continue to slip on 5000 series from their latest backorder report- here is latest expected to ship in nov - 300 x 5900x PIB now with sdd date of 24/11, 60 x 5950x pib with SDD date of 20/11 , 108 x 5600x mpk with sdd date of 26/11 . sorry its a mssive pain these keep slipping

That's unfortunate Gibbo, but thanks for letting us know.

What about the smaller 'none official' batches you mentioned yesterday?

Associate
Hi there

Thanks for the update. Was there any mention of the 5800x though?

Associate
Hi there

@Gibbo Thanks for the update. I can see that date keep being extended. It's a month overdue already if I am correct. As others state are you continuing to source from elsewhere? Thanks for the info!

Associate
Hi there

Thanks for keeping us informed, Gibbo. It's much appreciated.

Associate
Seems to align with what other countries are showing. Some are only expecting to fulfill pre-orders March next year. RDNA2 launch is going to be a joke.

Associate
Hi there

Nice to keep the community informed even if it isn't as positive news as the community was hoping for. I don't have one on order as I knew demand was going to be high. Is there any reason why you are trying to source from out distributors apart from the master, isn't it leading the the "scalping" situation if yourself as a retailer as willing to pay more than RRP for the product?

One think I think would be useful if you can pull the figures to give more information would be the following

Total Number of Orders/Pre-Orders per SKU
Total Number of dispatched Per SKU

Total % of order fulfilled

Zen 2 Order volumes Vs current Zen 3 Order volumes.

A comparison on %/volume AMD order fufliled vs Nvida 3000 series order fulfilled would be a interesting comparison, this would give a clearer indication if it excessive demand and/or a combination of supply and demand issues

Back
Top Bottom