• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D retail processor has been tested ahead of launch

Caporegime
Computerbase PCGH did just that. Doesn't seem to make a difference

Asus TUF RX 6900 XT, rBAR/SAM aktiviert, TDP-Lock, Dual-Ranked-RAM nach Herstellervorgabe, aktueller AMD-Grafik-Treiber, Windows 10 x64

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Ryze...Benchmark-Preis-Release-vs-12900KS-1392948/2/
Good find, impressive performance in No1 spot, but only 1% in it. Only really low resolution results sadly in that review. It also looks like they only show results with SAM on.

I was hoping to see it on vs off and even compared to a Nvidia GPU with Rebar on vs off. Perhaps too much to ask I guess for a launch review.

Sure Alder not using the fastest memory, but neither is the 5800X3D at only 3200.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good find, impressive performance in No1 spot, but only 1% in it. Only really low resolution results sadly in that review. It also looks like they only show results with SAM on.

I was hoping to see it on vs off and even compared to a Nvidia GPU with Rebar on vs off. Perhaps too much to ask I guess for a launch review.

Sure Alder not using the fastest memory, but neither is the 5800X3D at only 3200.
Uhm, 3200c14 dual rank is like, almost top tier memory for ddr4. Techspot run with 3800c16 and 3200c14, they found a 1.5% difference between them. So yeah, amd is having top tier memory, Intel has literally the worst ddr5 kit you can find :p

Something comparable would be to run the 3d with 2133c19 ;)

Permabanned
Here is a summary if you don't feel like accepting

https://ibb.co/W0wQ0Yp

It's a mixed bag. Some games it kicks ass, some others it ties or loses to a 5600x or a 12600k. Mind you all alderlake are with slow af 4400 ddr5 :cry:
I'm not satisfied with Intel, with all these great resources and new architecture they can't beat the 2 year old architecture from AMD, I'm afraid to think how much Zen 4 will hurt them, we will have another round od high prices from AMD due to lack of competition.

Soldato
Just like the 3d is slower than the 12900k / ks :)

If something on 6 year old socket with limitations can do this against recently released alder lake , Intel really need to do something with raptor vs zen 4

Higher IPC , higher clocks , DDR5 , 3D V-Cache ?. :eek:

I don't want one leading away will only hurt us consumers

Last edited:
Caporegime
Uhm, 3200c14 dual rank is like, almost top tier memory for ddr4. Techspot run with 3800c16 and 3200c14, they found a 1.5% difference between them. So yeah, amd is having top tier memory, Intel has literally the worst ddr5 kit you can find :p

Something comparable would be to run the 3d with 2133c19 ;)
Disagree. DDR3200 is the max official supported memory speed on Ryzen CPUs. High end up would 3800Mhz CL14 or greater.

Soldato
I'm not satisfied with Intel, with all these great resources and new architecture they can't beat the 2 year old architecture from AMD, I'm afraid to think how much Zen 4 will hurt them, we will have another round od high prices from AMD due to lack of competition.
Can't beat? The 12700f demolishes the 3d at the fraction of the cost, wtf are you talking about?

Caporegime
Can't beat? The 12700f demolishes the 3d at the fraction of the cost, wtf are you talking about?
I think you must be looking at different results to the rest of us, or perhaps you are cherry picking a particular game result/tech review and ignoring the rest, which are all averaging out to near identical performance overall.

If you are trying to convince everyone else to follow your viewpoint, you are not achieving that goal.

Soldato
Disagree. DDR3200 is the max official supported memory speed on Ryzen CPUs. High end up would 3800Mhz CL14 or greater.
Yeah, and the difference between those is like 2%. The 4400 used for alderlake is the equivalent of 2133c19. I can only imagine what you would be saying if someone tested 2133c19 on the 3d ;0

Soldato
I think you must be looking at different results to the rest of us, or perhaps you are cherry picking a particular game result/tech review and ignoring the rest, which all averaging out to near identical performance overall.

I thought (still do) he wasn't talking about gaming. In gaming the 12700 is within spitting distance, again at a fraction of the cost.

Caporegime
Yeah, and the difference between those is like 2%. The 4400 used for alderlake is the equivalent of 2133c19. I can only imagine what you would be saying if someone tested 2133c19 on the 3d ;0
Fair enough. Techpowerup showed the 5800X3D to be faster at 1440P over multiple games than the 12900KS using a high end DDR5 kit which is more expensive than the 5800X3D.

I thought (still do) he wasn't talking about gaming. In gaming the 12700 is within spitting distance, again at a fraction of the cost.
Of course we are talking about gaming. People are not buying the 5800X3D for application workloads.

Soldato

Once again this is on 6 year old socket therefore will have many on the platform even starting from b350 boards who can just drop this CPU in and get that gaming boost so it's cheaper

You seem to be thinking building each system from scratch is the only option which it isn't

Just hope am4 is just as well supported , isn't raptor lake the last support for Intel's current platform ?

Soldato
Once again this is on 6 year old socket therefore will have many on the platform even starting from b350 boards who can just drop this CPU in and get that gaming boost so it's cheaper

You seem to be thinking building each system from scratch is the only option which it isn't

Just hope am4 is just as well supported , isn't raptor lake the last support for Intel's current platform ?

TBF, even if you already have a mobo, the 12700f + new mobo is cheaper :p

Yes, the 5800x 3d is THAT expensive

Soldato
Of course we are talking about gaming. People are not buying the 5800X3D for application workloads.
Cause it sucks in applications :p

All I'm seeing is a CPU that asks for almost 50% more money over the 12700 to deliver 5% more fps at 720p, get demolished in every other workload be it single or multithreaded, on a dead end platform with less features. It's not a bad CPU, but the price is WAAAY off.

Caporegime
Pretty sure Hardware Unboxed use a 6900XT with SAM/Rebar enabled.
They used a 3090 TI this time I believe.

Cause it sucks in applications :p

All I'm seeing is a CPU that asks for almost 50% more money over the 12700 to deliver 5% more fps at 720p, get demolished in every other workload be it single or multithreaded, on a dead end platform with less features. It's not a bad CPU, but the price is WAAAY off.
It's a gaming CPU only, that's the whole point. If your use case is applications, there are better choices available no one is disputing that.

Soldato
It's a gaming CPU only, that's the whole point. If your use case is applications, there are better choices available no one is disputing that.
Of course. And if you are only gaming there are also better choices. You don't care about budget? Hit a 12900 / k / ks, a 2 slot mobo (tachyon / unify x / apex) a set of hynix ddr5 kits and clock to 7000c28, wave the 3d goodbye. You are budget oriented? Grab a 12700f and an el cheapo mobo for the price of the 5800x 3d alone.

Anyways, those would be my suggestions if someone asked me what to buy. In the future , if / when amd drops that disgusting price, I might even suggest the 3d. Sadly, after the reviews went live the prices of the 12700f started going up in my country lol

Back
Top Bottom