• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Burns Up

Associate
EXPO, XMP is Intel, i often use them interchangeably myself and should really stop, they are not the same thing.

Drop it down to the next lower level, see how that goes, when you do make sure your motherboard doesn't revert back to pumping it full of volts again.
Maybe they are not the same but XMP profiles do work on AMD motherboards at least on asus motherboards. My memory is XMP not EXPO...

Associate
Probably, I have no idea this is all new to me, my last build before this one was 2011 I think.

But having over researched watching lots of reviews I not once did I come across anyone saying running ram at advertised speed will likely void your warranty. So it's either such common knowledge that nobody bothers to mention it or tucked away in the small print.
Same here lol l. Just upgraded a 2011 socket with a 3930

Associate
Highly doubt it, I’m running 1.154v SOC, VDDIO, at 6200MhzC28. The instability will be related to DRAM timings or insufficient voltages.
Matt I’ve not had a single crash for a months until I lowered Soc voltage. Now it happens every day.

Last edited:
Associate
May well be closer to 1.2v tbf as it’s Asus. :cry:

I knew you didn’t properly test stability. ;)
No I didn’t as I test my system by using it the way I normally do.
My point is that the stupidily high Soc voltage that Asus applied was at least causing my system no to crash and now it happens every day.
What’s the other voltage that’s under the Soc on asus motherboard.? What should I set that to and does that increase ram stability.?
Only asking as I’m playing Jedi Survivor so don’t want to reboot my system to go to bios atm.
If you can’t remember then don’t worry I’ll do it once I’m done playing. Lol

Soldato
So, had my 7950x3d rig powered down for around a week or so, while I waited for the dust to settle. Inspected the CPU/socket, no signs of damage, even when tilting at angles under light as per

I had probably around 30 hours gaming on the system in total, as was only using for games and had my 13900k system for work/VR.

Updated my x670e Hero to v1401 today. SOC voltage before (was on V1002 bios) was 1.354v. After update to v1401, it's 1.252. Both were using EXPO on my Corsair 32GB 6000Mhz C30 kit.

Now it's time to go back to gaming, with maximum frame rates at crazy low power levels.

Associate
So, had my 7950x3d rig powered down for around a week or so, while I waited for the dust to settle. Inspected the CPU/socket, no signs of damage, even when tilting at angles under light as per

I had probably around 30 hours gaming on the system in total, as was only using for games and had my 13900k system for work/VR.
Updated my x670e Hero to v1401 today. SOC voltage before (was on V1002 bios) was 1.354v. After update to v1401, it's 1.252. Both were using EXPO on my Corsair 32GB 6000Mhz C30 kit.

Now it's time to go back to gaming, with maximum frame rates at crazy low power levels.

It would be long dead before it would show any physical damage.

Associate
Nope, many reports on reddit of signs of heat damage before CPU failure. RMA's were accepted for working CPU's for these people.
Oh didn’t know about that.
Will look at mine in a minute then.
@LtMatt ok I got to a save point in Jedi and was able to reboot th system, the option is called cpu vddio /mc voltage.
What do you recommend I set that to and can in improve ram stability.?

Soldato
Oh didn’t know about that.
Will look at mine in a minute then.
@LtMatt ok I got to a save point in Jedi and was able to reboot th system, the option is called cpu vddio /mc voltage.
What do you recommend I set that to and can in improve ram stability.?

Yeah worth checking for piece of mind!

Back
Top Bottom