• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: AMD Screws Gamers: Sponsorships Likely Block DLSS

Are AMD out of order if they are found to be blocking DLSS on Starfield

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fact check.
yes lets fact check.

4VpgxGi.jpg

That was DLSS 1 I think
Yes, pretty sure that read the case too.
DLSS 1.0 most have been a real pain. You had to engage Nvidia to train the model too your game (no idea who paid for that), and then all you got was DLSS 1.0 with all its anomalies. Nvidia have made all that a lot easier now.

What I'd love to know is how much of DLSS could work without the tensor sensors as I always suspected that those where a solution (which Nvidia designed for the AI market) looking for a problem on gaming cards.

Sponsored games, think on it.

doesn't mean anything. it proves nothing. If there is proof that AMD or nVidia is telling game devs to not implement their respective technologies I'll believe it. I'll then not actually give a flying ****. What I can't be bothered with is hearsay, rumours and gossip. It is pretty funny though that Starfield won't have DLSS on release. If you have to use frame generation or upscaling your GPU is not powerful enough. This is perfect advertisement for the game. I hadn't heard of it till this irrelevance started.

doesn't mean anything. it proves nothing. If there is proof that AMD or nVidia is telling game devs to not implement their respective technologies I'll believe it. I'll then not actually give a flying ****. What I can't be bothered with is hearsay, rumours and gossip. It is pretty funny though that Starfield won't have DLSS on release. If you have to use frame generation or upscaling your GPU is not powerful enough. This is perfect advertisement for the game. I hadn't heard of it till this irrelevance started.

I have a 3060Ti and need an upgrade for Starfield at about the same money, Nvidia only please.

Hello? Anyone?

I have a 3060Ti and need an upgrade for Starfield at about the same money, Nvidia only please.

Hello? Anyone?

I don't have a spare SSD for it

Last edited:
Yeah we are talking about sponsored games by Nvidia and AMD, you know, the whole point of the topic.

You mean like Cyberpunk 2077 which lacked FSR support for a year? This is what the Steam hardware survey looked according to HUB/Techspot in March 2021:
2021-04-02-image-2.jpg

See many compatible Nvidia cards? I am surprised you were not complaining at Nvidia for locking out upscaling(FSR) from most Nvidia cards for over a year.

But lets get back to the number of games. Nvidia as of April this year lists 290 DLSS games.In the same time period there are 116 FSR games. @Ross Thomson also gave us newer numbers which show more DLSS exclusive games.

So 184 games lack FSR,so by your logic if a game lacks DLSS AMD is blocking it,so that means if it lacks FSR,than means Nvidia is blocking it? Right?

Phew,a good thing it was all cleared up with numbers.

Yes, pretty sure that read the case too.
DLSS 1.0 most have been a real pain. You had to engage Nvidia to train the model too your game (no idea who paid for that), and then all you got was DLSS 1.0 with all its anomalies. Nvidia have made all that a lot easier now.

What I'd love to know is how much of DLSS could work without the tensor sensors as I always suspected that those where a solution (which Nvidia designed for the AI market) looking for a problem on gaming cards.

Epic Games TSR doesn't need dedicated hardware. Nvidia can't get temporal upscaling working on a GTX1650 but Epic games does. But have we forgotten about PhysX already?

Last edited:
See many compatible Nvidia cards? I am surprised you were not complaining at Nvidia for locking out upscaling(FSR) from most Nvidia cards for over a year.

But lets get back to the number of games. Nvidia as of April this year lists 290 DLSS games.In the same time period there are 116 FSR games. @Ross Thomson also gave us newer numbers which show more DLSS exclusive games.

So 184 games lack FSR,so by your logic if a game lacks DLSS AMD is blocking it,so that means if it lacks FSR,than means Nvidia is blocking it? Right?

Phew,a good thing it was all cleared up with numbers.

Epic Games TSR doesn't need dedicated hardware. But have we forgotten about PhysX already?

How many are sponsored titles, as per the thread topic? Oh wait HUB produced a nice chart about this.....Could've sworn it had been posted :confused:

How many are sponsored titles, as per the thread topic? Oh wait HUB produced a nice chart about this.....Could've sworn it had been posted
:confused:

yes lets fact check.

4VpgxGi.jpg

You mean like Cyberpunk 2077? 12 months of no FSR. Did we see any confidential details of the Nvidia sponsorship. Nope.

Yet,290 DLSS games and 116 FSR games. How do you know what agreements Nvidia had with the 184 games which lacked FSR? Or the 70 mentioned above?

So basically you are saying if games with DLSS have no FSR,that is normal and OK. But if an FSR game lacks DLSS it is AMD sabotaging Nvidia. Gotcha.

Last edited:
You mean like Cyberpunk 2077? 12 months of no FSR. Did we see any confidential details of the Nvidia sponsorship. Nope.

Yet,290 DLSS games and 116 FSR games. How do you know what agreements Nvidia had with the 184 games which lacked FSR? Or the 70 mentioned above?

So basically you are saying if games with DLSS have no FSR,that is normal and OK. But if an FSR game lacks DLSS it is AMD sabotaging Nvidia. Gotcha.

Was FSR even released when Cyberpunk came out...

Cyberpunk - 10/12/20
FSR 1 - 21/06/21

Wait, what :cry:

Last edited:
You would have thought HUB/DF/GN would've drawn the dots that the recent FSR only titles are launch day PC and console titles, NV can't help at all upscaling on console so what's the point in putting in work for a feature paywalled to a tiny fraction of PC users.
Don't separate teams even studios work on different platforms? Why bother putting in PC-specific features at all if that was the case?

Back
Top Bottom