• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: AMD Screws Gamers: Sponsorships Likely Block DLSS

Are AMD out of order if they are found to be blocking DLSS on Starfield

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Didn't this all start at Wccftech? It makes me wonder whether Nvidia PR "noticed" this "oddity" and now we have this all timed perfectly,so they hope nobody realises Nvidia lost a big sponsorship to a competitor. But the worst thing is that,that all the people who couldn't give two damns about tech,now know Starfield is AMD sponsored because the internet is complaining. They also now know that they can get the game bundled free with AMD products. I hope it does not end up having a Streisand effect.
Bethesda stopped caring about PC gamers once Skyrim sold like wild fire on console.

They are working with AMD because of the console version, also Bethesda games historically did well on AMD so dunno why people are surprised.

Oh yeah new wave of pcmr

Like i keep saying, Nvidia's useful idiots.

It is what happened with Hogwarts Legacy. Internet raged at JK Rowling,then moaned about 8GB cards. Result:15 million sales despite the game having issues.

I jest it might still work better on Nvidia hardware because of past history,but if it doesn't like COD,and has optimisations for Zen? We will see.

Whatever the case may be in whatever manner, I just want games to come out optimised, they don't need to have any upscaler if they are optimised, as evidenced by games that are 100fps+ without enabling any upscaler.

My main concern with Bethesda Games Studio games is the CPU optimisations. Lots of reviewers never seemed to know how to test Fallout 4 properly - only HardOCP did and it can be brutal on CPUs at times,especially with settlements. Just look at the benchmark thread:

Those FPS figures are run at 640X480 and it's not even the worse case scenario of performance.

My dGPU is massively CPU bottlenecked in Fallout 4,such that I just set it at 50% power target and it makes no difference to FPS at qHD and that is with graphics mods. The existing Creation engine only uses six cores,but puts most of the load on 2~3.Plus the engine couldn't go much over 70FPS because the Physics went all wonky!

Starfield recommends a six core CPU....I have a feeling its the CPU side which is the issue. Even the delays to the game for me indicate the CPU side is probably having issues. Anyone who actually played Bethesda Games Studio games would realise this - the dGPU is going to be the least of the issues IMHO.

Bethesda stopped caring about PC gamers once Skyrim sold like wild fire on console.

They are working with AMD because of the console version, also Bethesda games historically did well on AMD so dunno why people are surprised.

Oh yeah new wave of pcmr

Well the PC version of Fallout 4 was quite Intel/Nvidia biased and was Nvidia sponsored. But ZeniMax was definitely moving more towards consoles over the last few years as even ESO has a console port now.

Can't even get away with the switch which uses an Nvidia chip because the games are still using FSR on it (https://mynintendonews.com/2022/11/...tch-apparently-uses-amds-fsr-image-upscaling/) presumably because of a nefarious AMD plot.

Because Nvidia won't make DLSS run on older generation designs.

Last edited:
Neither are your friend, neither are here for you the consumers best interest. They are both money orientated companies who have shareholders to look after, first and priority before anybody else. They couldn't care less what anyone else thinks, if the money is coming in and investors are happy, thats all that matters in the end. buy it or leave it, has been this way for such a long time but yet people still take a side.

Yeah, this is also not the first video on it by HUB, GN will make another.

Then confidently say how many more DLSS games there are compared to FSR ones,and then moan at AMD for not including DLSS.

But can't add two and two together,and wonder why FSR is missing from all those DLSS games,or has one year exclusivity periods.Then ignore why DLSS can't work with most dGPUs like FSR,XeSS or TSR or why DLSS3 is locked to Ada Lovelace,despite it having Tensor cores. Apparently the RTX3090TI has less output than an RTX4060.

Probably say it is the fault of AMD or devs. Can't be Nvidia's fault for that because the same Nvidia which has told Porkies to them before,would never lie,despite them moaning at Nvidia for lying to them(and AMD).

Then complain later why the dGPU market is crap,and how AMD increasingly can't be bothered. Intel also paired down it's future releases too. So basically all we are going to get is token releases from other companies in the dGPU market,mostly to sell their systems IMHO.

Then Nvidia can start offering subscriptions to use DLSS,etc and victory will be confirmed. Then blame AMD and Intel for this.

This increasingly reminded me of what happened with Apple and how everything they did was praised. Competitors got dunked on,even when Apple copied competitors. Then Samsung and others pushed back.

Last edited:
Rewind back to 2020 when HUB received an email from NV and this excerpt is quite revealing.

"Nvidia mentioned a specific reason for not sending the product and the reason was the cause of the raucous around the internet especially Twitter. Nvidia wanted to emphasize that Hardware Unboxed was not mentioning Ray Tracing or DLSS performance in their reviews which are now one of the core offerings of the Nvidia GeForce lineup."

Fast forward 3 years and this is where we are :D

Then confidently say how many more DLSS games there are compared to FSR ones,and then moan at AMD for not including DLSS.

But can't add two and two together,and wonder why FSR is missing from all those DLSS games,or has one year exclusivity periods.Then ignore why DLSS can't work with most dGPUs like FSR,XeSS or TSR or why DLSS3 is locked to Ada Lovelace,despite it having Tensor cores. Apparently the RTX3090TI has less output than an RTX4060.

Probably say it is the fault of AMD or devs. Can't be Nvidia's fault for that because the same Nvidia which has told Porkies to them before,would never lie,despite them moaning at Nvidia for lying to them(and AMD).

Then complain later why the dGPU market is crap,and how AMD increasingly can't be bothered. Intel also paired down it's future releases too. So basically all we are going to get is token releases from other companies in the dGPU market,mostly to sell their systems IMHO.

Then Nvidia can start offering subscriptions to use DLSS,etc and victory will be confirmed. Then blame AMD and Intel for this.

This increasingly reminded me of what happened with Apple and how everything they did was praised. Competitors got dunked on,even when Apple copied competitors. Then Samsung and others pushed back.
Again stupidity or malice?

Nvidia said "we don't block other upscaling tech, look we even made some software to make it easy for devs to implement all upscaling tech but AMD wanted nothing to do with it"

Compare that to AMD declining to comment.

So there you go, AMD blocking DLSS, Nvidia good guys.
--------

It may be that simple, because they are stupid. They literally used exactly that reasoning in that context as the reasons for their ranting. Are they really that naive? Probably....

Rewind back to 2020 when HUB received an email from NV and this excerpt is quite revealing.

"Nvidia mentioned a specific reason for not sending the product and the reason was the cause of the raucous around the internet especially Twitter. Nvidia wanted to emphasize that Hardware Unboxed was not mentioning Ray Tracing or DLSS performance in their reviews which are now one of the core offerings of the Nvidia GeForce lineup."

Fast forward 3 years and this is where we are :D

Or maybe there is something more to it, frankly i don't know what's worse, plain stupid, or helping Nvidia scam their user base?

You decide.

Last edited:
And the amazing thing is this is all over a Bethesda game that will probably turn out to be a steaming pile of buggy dog ….

:p

That doesn't matter - I wang my MTV....sorry DL... sorry RT.
Wait until the internet moans why Starfield doesn't do S and M level shiny reflections to the max, which cripples an RTX4060 to 8FPS at 720p. AMD ate my D...sorry RT and I have no DLSS to make it run OK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom