• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
So it's a £420 board with a bundled extra that the majority of people will have no use for? Why couldn't they have just sold us the board cheaper and made that an option lol XD

Have got to agree 100%. Not only that, why have all of them decided to bundle wifi in as well ? Makes no sense to me. The only thing i use wifi wise with my main rig is my printer, and that is done over lan via the wifi in my router..........................................................are they saying i can get my photo's printed .0002s faster ? I don't think so.
In my mind all of them need to dump this junk and give us a mobo without all the crap that just adds to the bottom line for them. Or are all the mobo manufactures so used to milking us over the years that they have just dropped into Intel's way of ripping us ?

Associate
Personally I use WiFi so like that they've included 5ghz wifi on these boards, it saves a PCIE slot and makes the build tidier.

Soldato
Personally I use WiFi so like that they've included 5ghz wifi on these boards, it saves a PCIE slot and makes the build tidier.

So your main rig is nowhere near to your router ? In all the houses i have lived in i have always made shure i can connect my main rig via lan.
So apart from hardly anyone actually doing proper stability tests on an overclocked rig nowdays, some don't even bother to connect via Lan ? I bet your the same peeps that moan about the Latency you see in games.

Associate
So your main rig is nowhere near to your router ? In all the houses i have lived in i have always made shure i can connect my main rig via lan.
So apart from hardly anyone actually doing proper stability tests on an overclocked rig nowdays, some don't even bother to connect via Lan ? I bet your the same peeps that moan about the Latency you see in games.

I have a single phone socket in my flat, which is at the opposite end to my PC. I could route a cable but it'd be ugly as hell and pointless. It's a 40mbit broadband connection on a 500mbit 802.11ac WiFi connection. The weak link there isn't the WiFi connection.

Soldato
I have a single phone socket in my flat, which is at the opposite end to my PC. I could route a cable but it'd be ugly as hell and pointless. It's a 40mbit broadband connection on a 500mbit 802.11ac WiFi connection. The weak link there isn't the WiFi connection.

Fair enough, But latency is still going to crap compared to Lan.

Soldato
Fair enough, But latency is still going to crap compared to Lan.

Actually on my ancient wifi card doesnt have any latency issues playing competitive games. WOT is around 20ms other games hovering around 30ms.
And the wifi card I have is just a generic 72mbit one, which is sub par compared to those new Wifi modules coming with these boards.

While the router is on the ground floor, and my office is on the top floor (2 sets of stairs up), behind closed doors.

Caporegime
I'm interested in one of these just to have a play with AMD boards and CPU's again but I can't think of anything I need 12 or 16 cores for, it'd be a case of downloading a few benchmarks or some apps that can use it and going "wow that's neat" then back to normal usage where it likely won't be noticeable.

Associate
I'm interested in one of these just to have a play with AMD boards and CPU's again but I can't think of anything I need 12 or 16 cores for, it'd be a case of downloading a few benchmarks or some apps that can use it and going "wow that's neat" then back to normal usage where it likely won't be noticeable.
Get the 8 core?
You can upgrade to the follow up then if the apps you use can take advantage of it at that point?
Josh.

Back
Top Bottom