• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
Why is R15 still a valid bench? It's so old now.

I work for a design company and we're on R18 now and it's much different and like us, most companies will use different render plug-ins.

Deleted member 66701

Deleted member 66701

I work for a design company and we're on R18 now and it's much different and like us, most companies will use different render plug-ins.

The underlying render code hasn't changed that much thus R15 is still representative of the real world performance you can expect.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
It's looking more and more likely i'm going to change to a X399 / 1950X combo for my upgrade.

I'm in full agreement with my Mr J2C

Soldato

Because maybe you are using Cinema 4D R18 (R19 is now out) and Maxxon have not released a newer version of Cinebench yet? Are you getting those mixed up? It is a great realworld test for determining performance of a CPU/GPU/System in a realworld environment.

Caporegime
It's looking more and more likely i'm going to change to a X399 / 1950X combo for my upgrade.

I'm in full agreement with my Mr J2C

Notice how Intel brought a knife to an RPG fight :D

bzdf.png

Associate
AMD are really winning hearts and minds with Ryzen. :D

The whole limiting PCIE lanes on the Intel HEDT side, using paste instead of solder, overheating VRM's, drip fed performance improvements, price etc etc has irked a lot of enthusiasts. At this point AMD looks like the mythical unicorn riding in to save us at this point, they just need to not screw up for it to be a raging success imo.

Associate
The whole limiting PCIE lanes on the Intel HEDT side, using paste instead of solder, overheating VRM's, drip fed performance improvements, price etc etc has irked a lot of enthusiasts. At this point AMD looks like the mythical unicorn riding in to save us at this point, they just need to not screw up for it to be a raging success imo.

At least they didn't use glue :p

Soldato
Makes sense, he couldn't push Intel's last platform so there's no reason to suggest he'd be able to with X299.

This is the same vlogger who paid top dollar for Corsairs limited edition low latency 3200MT/S kit, and ran it at 2666.

Back
Top Bottom