• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD To Launch RV770 On June 18th

ye that bottom cooler looks just like that of some card we have before.

imageview.php

Its a 2600 XT cooler, i hope its a lot more powerfull than that. :p

Remember everyone, don't buy on release day, wait till these guys put them in the "This Week Only" (which will be 2 days later seen as they are released on the Monday) which they always do. ;)

Definitely, the price gouging here is pretty bad :(. I def won't be buying release day. I'm hoping they're about £150 each though as I'll be snapping up 2 of them!

From: http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7455&Itemid=1

"RV770XT and PRO are 256-bit

We've posted that RV770XT will be 512-bit, but our usually very reliable sources misinterpreted some parts of the information. The card is 512-bit internally, as ATI has its internal ring buss memory interface; but externally, we are talking about the 256-bit card.

Both RV770XT and PRO will be the same and they will work with 256-bit memory. The RV770XT pairs with 512-bit memory and the ultra high speed should help the card improve the performance, but from what we know Nvidia’s GT200, Geforce GTX 280 will work with the real 512-bit memory controller.

GT200 is in a higher league altogether and we believe that GT200 will easily beat RV770XT; but at the same time, it will come with a much higher price, almost twice as high. It’s now less than a month to see these cards in action. "

My gut feeling is this is about right, I suspect the GTX280 will spank the 770xt sensless but will be double the price. The XT being 256bit I dont think is much of an issue as long as it has GDDR5 ram, it will still have the memory bandwidth then.

Thanks JohnnyG. :)

My gut feeling is this is about right, I suspect the GTX280 will spank the 770xt sensless but will be double the price. The XT being 256bit I dont think is much of an issue as long as it has GDDR5 ram, it will still have the memory bandwidth then.

Agreed, i don't think AMD are competing on performance now, they are just leaving the high end to Nvidia as they can't compete anymore in that, its in the mainstream where AMD's focusing, and pricing from now on, which is where its at really.

From: http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7455&Itemid=1

"RV770XT and PRO are 256-bit

We've posted that RV770XT will be 512-bit, but our usually very reliable sources misinterpreted some parts of the information. The card is 512-bit internally, as ATI has its internal ring buss memory interface; but externally, we are talking about the 256-bit card.

Both RV770XT and PRO will be the same and they will work with 256-bit memory. The RV770XT pairs with 512-bit memory and the ultra high speed should help the card improve the performance, but from what we know Nvidia’s GT200, Geforce GTX 280 will work with the real 512-bit memory controller.

GT200 is in a higher league altogether and we believe that GT200 will easily beat RV770XT; but at the same time, it will come with a much higher price, almost twice as high. It’s now less than a month to see these cards in action. "

Agreed, it be interesting to see how a 280 GTX copes against a 4870 crossfire config (or even a 4850+4870) since they should be about equal in price.

Martyn

Poster : shaffaaf27

in other tread it says

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7450&Itemid=1

Looks solid enough

As the Computex trade show is getting closer and closer, more details about upcoming GPUs are getting posted on the net. These rumors look solid enough, but a lot of things can be changed and we strongly believe that at least clocks are still questionable.

Our Germany-based colleagues from hardware-infos.com have managed to get their hands on a document that reveals specs for the upcoming ATI RV770XT and RV770PRO GPUs. According to them the lower priced one, HD 4850 (RV770PRO), should work at 625MHz for the core, 825MHz for Shaders and 1143MHz for 512MB of GDDR3 memory.

This one will have 480 stream processors, 32 TMUs (Texture Memory Units) and 16 ROPs. The mentioned 512MB of GDDR3 memory paired with 256-bit memory bus should give 73,2 GB/s of bandwidth. This one will have a TDP of 114W and the estimated price of US $249.

The RV770XT will work at 850MHz for the card, 1050MHz for Shaders and 1935MHz for either 512MB or 1GB of GDDR5 memory. We wrote about the use of GDDR5 memory on many occasions, and when paired with 256-bit memory bus, this combination should give 123.8 GB/s of bandwidth. It has a TDP of 157W and the estimated price of US $349.

You can check out the original article here and we still don't know are these the final details or not.

edit : looks good should overclock like mad volt mod the 4870 go 1000mhz for core 1500 shaders and 2200x2 memory

Thanks JohnnyG. :)

Agreed, i don't think AMD are competing on performance now, they are just leaving the high end to Nvidia as they can't compete anymore in that, its in the mainstream where AMD's focusing, and pricing from now on, which is where its at really.

So Loadsa suggests that the 48** series wont be as fast as NVidia's new high end because lets be honest, it wont, and no one gets on his back about it, whereas I basically came out and said that the 48** series will position itself between the 280/260GTX and the old 9series and everyone jumps on my back about proof......typical :p

Anyways by the looks of things ATi seem to be happy with their current coolers, i however would have liked to see a change in design! Obviously we havent seen the final ones but I may be tempted to buy from a company offering an alternative cooler this time then plumping for the stock coolers. Though to be fair I guess it will end up coming down to price as always :p

Back
Top Bottom