• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD To Launch RV770 On June 18th

Wouldn't that void the warranty?

Yeah, but whats your point? They would never know. :D

azza can u clock cards more then 700 per core ? or its still caped ?

did u try how far does it go in ati tools or other software

Not yet no. Still got some benchmarks to run before I start overclocking.

Rivatuner doesnt support it yet, only CCC Overdrive. You can flash with a new BIOS but I think Gurusan said it didnt work right. Ill just wait until a newer Rivatuner comes out.

yeah I flashed it but it just reverts back to 700mhz no matter what value you put in. Some sort of cap or lock.

my card does 700mhz no problem though and 1150 on the memory

Thats pretty good. Mine artifacts above 1075mhz and with the 25mhz steps I have to drop it to 1050.

Also, are you sure its completely stable at 700mhz with stock volts? (I know you pencil modded yours). ATITool is rubbish at actually pushing the card. For me at 700mhz while itll pass the artifact scanner with ease, if I simply use furmark or crysis at high settings the driver resets.

yes it's stable. I've played a few hours of CoD4 and run some crysis benchmarks at these clocks.

However this is only after I turned up the fanspeed on the cooler. The clocks are sensitive to temperature....above 70c or so it will become unstable. I'm just waiting on a few barbs and a 120.3 and it will be going under water :)

From what ive read the o/c cap on the 4850 is in the drivers not hardware so you would need to modify the driver some how to remove that cap or wait till rivatuner/att works with the 48xx series.

also makes sense that they would put a cap in there somewhere as the 4850 and 4870 core's are identical, only difference is the memory.

Back
Top Bottom