• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD To Launch RV770 On June 18th

Like most, I'm purely wondering how much diff the GDDR5 actually makes. I'm also wondering how much difference the 100mhz the 4850 lacks on the core makes. After all they are the same chip (but perhaps speed binned).

Gurusan> Your running on an X38 right?

Matthew

Last edited:
yes I'm running x38.

Also I am just guessing, but I suspect that the 4870s are not binned much higher than the 4850s because my stock full load vGPU is only 1.15-1.16. This seems low...I'm betting the 4870 will have a default 1.2-1.21vGPU for its 750mhz.

I could be wrong but we'll see in a day or 2 when people get their hands on these new cards.

Defo looking so much more likely to get a 4850 now rather than a 4870. Shame, as although it's an upgrade, going from a 3870 to 'only' a 4850 seems like a downgrade ROFL (in my own crazy head!)

Looking forward to how you do gurusan :) nice pencil mod on XS as well.. so simple.

Matthew

yup these are indeed promising cards....and I can tell you that it's not a downgrade :p this card is beastly even though it looks kind of weeny.

I did a small writeup on how to flash your bios as well: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=192159&page=2

Good Stuff gurusan ;)

Seems to me ATI have gone cautious with power play on the 4800's there is no need to make so much heat out of 3D ! Roll on some nice GUI bios editors and we can have a play

Same subject I think, powerplay issues with mod bios.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=192411&highlight=4870

Today BAGZZlash and I chatted on MSN Messenger and he asked me to change all of the clockss in the settings tab, which I did (2-d as well as 3-d). and It worked!!! I have had many issues throughout the day with it but the flashing and changing has been easy. the hard part is the fact that once you raise the voltage the lack of powerplay rears it's head. I was experiencing graphics corruption, reboots etc. all after sucessfully completing a bench. when it is time for the driver to drop back to 2-d it doesn't like the core being so high.

3080505750coreos2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom