• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Refresh) 3900XT/3800XT/3600XT

Soldato
Its going to get a 100-200mhz clock increase which is what we are getting with the 3000XT's, and the only differences with the core layout is instead of two 4 core CCD's to make up a CCX / chiplet, they are hoping to make it one 8 core CCD per CCX, as well as a single 32mb of shared cache per CCX at the moment you have 2 x 16mb cache making the 32mb per CCX.

So you've just invalidated your claim of it just being nothing more than a rebrand.

Associate
Besides the first 7nm release (N7), there are 2 other nodes of 7nm, and these new refreshes seems to be on the N7P process, which is an optimized version of N7 with a 7% performance improvement.
The Ryzen 4000 series could be built on the latest N7+ process with EUV lithography, delivering around 10% higher performance boost vs N7, and we think these will have a different Core CCX layout like we see in the 3300X, giving it an additional speed boost.

Soldato
Besides the first 7nm release (N7), there are 2 other nodes of 7nm, and these new refreshes seems to be on the N7P process, which is an optimized version of N7 with a 7% performance improvement.
The Ryzen 4000 series could be built on the latest N7+ process with EUV lithography, delivering around 10% higher performance boost vs N7, and we think these will have a different Core CCX layout like we see in the 3300X, giving it an additional speed boost.

Maybe these are just testing the process before they start the full 4000 series production?

Associate
Could be or since the N7P process has the same design rules and is fully IP compatible with N7, thus requiring minimal changes to make, AMD could have planned these CPU's ready to launch around the time they expected intel's "next gen" to come out, just to make sure intel stayed down :D

Soldato

This is kind of what ive been trying to get across, so you are saying the original process is N7, thats the ryzen 3000 chips we all have now, the ryzen 3000XT chips that are coming out in August / Sept or whenever are going to be N7P giving us a 7-10% performance increase, 100-200mhz, doesnt that sound like half of RyZen 4000 predictions to you, without the cache and core layout design changes ?, then you are saying N7+ will be ryzen 4000 next April/May.....when AMD said themselves they would only support AM4 socket until 2020, also, dont forget in the tech news, AMD removed the + off the slides for next gen ryzen, personally I dont think so myself, you are saying a 15% increase over the original first N7, thats only a 5-8% increase over N7P.

As its predicted now for next year, I think RyZen 4000 will now be 5nm and a new socket, with the cache and core layout design changes too, but obviously only if the news is true.

So you've just invalidated your claim of it just being nothing more than a rebrand.

Nooooo, not arguing, im saying all these engineering samples that are apparently RyZen 4000 are maybe going to be rebranded down to 3000XT's, otherwise why bother releasing the 3000XT when you are on the brink of releasing RyZen 4000, I know people are saying because of Intel, but that never bothered AMD before, the releases between AMD and Intel have always been 6 months apart, I really dont think AMD are going to do an Intel and release a new set of desktop CPU's in Aug / Sept and then another new set 3 months later at Xmas based on pretty much the same process node, with lets face it, a different core layout and a cache change that will only bring us a potential 7% increase over the XT's, we are getting the clock increase on the XT's

Last edited:
Soldato
Could be or since the N7P process has the same design rules and is fully IP compatible with N7, thus requiring minimal changes to make, AMD could have planned these CPU's ready to launch around the time they expected intel's "next gen" to come out, just to make sure intel stayed down :D

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall and see what their strategy really was. As long as it's giving us better products at good prices I'm happy.

Soldato
Good news for me because I can do a b550 itx build without having to wait for 4000 series as I have a 2600x currently and that won't work in a b550 board so would have had to side grade to a b450 itx board

Looking forward to more info on these, I don't think mid range models of the 4000 series will release until well into next year as it doesn't make sense for these to come out and the 4600, 4700, 4800 to follow a month after so for me it provides a b550 upgrade path

Just need to find a decent itx case now, really struggling to decide on one

Soldato
Could it not just be that they are better binned? The 7nm process would be quite mature by now and 100-200 MHz clock increase is not that much of a stretch.

Exactly, how much more is is going to mature by Xmas / Jan when people are expecting RyZen 4000 to release, funnily enough, the RyZen 4000 samples that are in the news now are a 100-200mhz clock increase, the same as the 3xxxXT's ?, "lets rebrand those 4000's down to 3000XT and instead bump RyZen 4000 to April / May next year"......which is what the news is saying (if true) release it with the new design layout, and 5nm maybe 7nm+, AM5 socket change as we said we would only support AM4 until 2020, stop all of those 400 series owner moaning, lets face it, I know and AMD definitely knows, Intel are not getting off 14nm anytime soon, so AMD dont need to rush, and then RyZen 5000 can come later in 2021 on 5nm+ a refresh again as such.

Last edited:
Soldato
We'll just have to wait and see which news is true and which is just rumours, all of the engineering samples that keep popping up with the clock increase etc, could easily just be renamed to a 3xxxXT.

Its going to get a 100-200mhz clock increase which is what we are getting with the 3000XT's, and the only differences with the core layout is instead of two 4 core CCX's to make up a CCD / chiplet, they are hoping to make it one 8 core CCX per CCD / Chiplet, as well as a single 32mb of shared cache per CCD at the moment you have 2 x 16mb cache making the 32mb per CCD.

Eh? What are you smoking?

Soldato

3300X doesn't have different layout than any Zen 2 CPU. It just have 1 CCX cut off.
And is the reason shouting for months, that if someone activates "Preferred cores" (CPPC) in bios would see the same results even on the 3950X.
Because the system will stick moving loads like gaming on the fastest CCX and the fastest cores of that CCX and not have them wandering around the CPU between CCX and CCDs (in the case of 3950X/3900X).

If someone observes with hwinfo64 how their games behave on AMD without and with this setting, would be surprised. Even CB20 operates differently for that matter.

Associate
This is kind of what ive been trying to get across, so you are saying the original process is N7, thats the ryzen 3000 chips we all have now, the ryzen 3000XT chips that are coming out in August / Sept or whenever are going to be N7P giving us a 7-10% performance increase, 100-200mhz, doesnt that sound like half of RyZen 4000 predictions to you, without the cache and core layout design changes ?, then you are saying N7+ will be ryzen 4000 next April/May.....when AMD said themselves they would only support AM4 socket until 2020, also, dont forget in the tech news, AMD removed the + off the slides for next gen ryzen, personally I dont think so myself, you are saying a 15% increase over the original first N7, thats only a 5-8% increase over N7P.

As its predicted now for next year, I think RyZen 4000 will now be 5nm and a new socket, with the cache and core layout design changes too, but obviously only if the news is true.
The 3000XT series are rumored to hit the stores on the 7th July, and at CES 2020 in January Lisa Su did say "Let me be clear: you will see Zen 3 (Ryzen 4000) in 2020”
There is no concrete info about Ryzen 4000 using the N7+ process but it would be nice since its the fastest one, and there is some bragging rights being the first CPU to implement EUV lithography :p
The Ryzen 5000 series should launch on the 5nm process with DDR5 and PCIE5 support, all on the AM5 socket, it must happen! :D

Soldato
You are the one implying that Zen 3 is re brand of Zen 2, contradicting yourself between 2 posts.

You are obviously not reading my posts properly then, I said RyZen 4000 is being rebranded / renamed down to RyZen 3000XT's and the news is saying RyZen 4000 is now coming in April / May next year, delayed due to covid-19

As AMD themselves said they would only support the AM4 platform until 2020, next year is 2021, so that would make RyZen 4000 a new socket,

Permabanned
Exactly, how much more is is going to mature by Xmas / Jan when people are expecting RyZen 4000 to release, funnily enough, the RyZen 4000 samples that are in the news now are a 100-200mhz clock increase, the same as the 3xxxXT's ?, "lets rebrand those 4000's down to 3000XT and instead bump RyZen 4000 to April / May next year"......which is what the news is saying (if true) release it with the new design layout, and 5nm maybe 7nm+, AM5 socket change as we said we would only support AM4 until 2020, stop all of those 400 series owner moaning, lets face it, I know and AMD definitely knows, Intel are not getting off 14nm anytime soon, so AMD dont need to rush, and then RyZen 5000 can come later in 2021 on 5nm+ a refresh again as such.
No we are on about different things. I’m saying they are Zen2 cores just better binned for the 100-200mhz increase. Zen3 is the next evolution using a different 7nm process with changes, one of them being 8core ccx’s rather than the 4 core of zen 2.

Zen2 + 100-200mhz is different to zen3 + 100-200mhz over zen2.

Associate
Getting excited for these new CPU's. As someone else mentioned if these XT CPU's are 10% better than their current counterparts, then the 4000 series would have to be 15%-20% better than these XT models to get people to upgrade.

So we could be looking at 25%-30% difference between the original 3000 series vs 4000 series. In which case it would be difficult not to upgrade my 4690k to a 4700x!

The video Gamer Nexus put out not long ago comparing the 4690k vs 3600 put the 3600 on average 54% faster than my 4690k. So these 4000 series could be 75%-90% faster than my setup @ 144hz/1080p.

Back
Top Bottom