• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Speak for yourself :D

Their warranty, build quality and low audible operation levels have always made them a no brainer for me. Mind you my case sits under the desk without a side window, just how I like it.

I like Noctua myself, using two of the IPPC fans in my Biltong dryer for air flow haha.

On my D15s, I have it set to low rpm, and never exceeds 1050RPM under stress. Whisper quiet, and efficient. I'm betting I can still run just a single fan when I get my 3900X as well.
My case has a tinted window so the beige looks more greyish also.

5ujoRYI.jpg

Associate
Couple of questions for you guys. I've got an all core OC of 4300 @ 1.4 Volt but it's touch and go if CB can run without the temps hitting 95 and it crapping out.

So, I have some Kryonaut Ultra High paste to put on. What sort of temp drop would I likely see with this?
Secondly, if I changed fans to something a bit better, what sort of fan should I go for and how much better will the temps be for it?

Permabanned
Not looked into it properly to be fair. Everyone is mentioning £300+ prices. So I did not even know there was X570 boards under £200. What makes some of those worth double the price I wonder?

I always look at cpus first and once I know I want it, then research the mobo.

Right now for me as I am not gaming and the upgrade would feel like a bit of a waste. Plus the lack of clock speed puts me off a little. Just does not seem like the right time for me to jump in.

Look at my 4770K. At 4.7ghz it has lasted ages (got it on release). I want the next expensive cpu I get to last 5+ years also without feeling the need that I want to upgrade. Just don't think that will be the case with a 3900X as next year or two they have much higher clocking cpu's imo.

As mentioned in previous posts I may grab a 3600 though. That seems to be a very good deal for today's requirements. Right now people seem to be having issues with them however judging by the threads here.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £403.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

And maybe a tower AM4 cooler to OC it.

Permabanned
Untitled.png

95.1°C!!!! Holy crap that got toasty. Havent let mine go over 75°C, what is the safe limit for 3900x?
Yourr looking at wrong temperature thats +15c offset maxed out 80c with avx load.

I was testing HIGH temperature stability on my mates 3600. It survuived ONE HOUR at constant 93c on full load :Dtctl/tdie was 108c :D Think i have photo on my second rofums.

That coolermaster 240 AIO was too hot to touch !!! **** You not :D Cheap cpu si Decided to see whats the deal.
Zen2 is more like intel than Phenom Zen1 and Zen+ it can maintain stability while hot as HELL. 93c and not crashed nothing. was with 4.2 all core locked 1.35volts 3600cl16 memory.

Bahh dont have photo just had a look :/

Anyway maxing out 80c is what my goal is for 24/7 system. In normal useage its not passing 72-73c.

Last edited:
Soldato
Untitled.png

Yourr looking at wrong temperature thats +15c offset maxed out 80c with avx load.

I was testing HIGH temperature stability on my mates 3600. It survuived ONE HOUR at constant 93c on full load :Dtctl/tdie was 108c :D Think i have photo on my second rofums.

That coolermaster 240 AIO was too hot to touch !!! **** You not :D Cheap cpu si Decided to see whats the deal.
Zen2 is more like intel than Phenom Zen1 and Zen+ it can maintain stability while hot as HELL. 93c and not crashed nothing. was with 4.2 all core locked 1.35volts 3600cl16 memory.

Bahh dont have photo just had a look :/

Anyway maxing out 80c is what my goal is for 24/7 system. In normal useage its not passing 72-73c.

So is this why it sits at "95"? Anyway to see correct temps

Permabanned
So is this why it sits at "95"? Anyway to see correct temps
You can see normal readout aka 80 i dont even know why i still have that active on my hwinfo.
Ryzen master is best to check temperature but its same as cpu temperature on hwinfo

New HWinfo beta came out yesterday
https://www.fosshub.com/HWiNFO.html?dwl=hwi_609_3855.zip

People in this topic should run an actuall 1hour long stress test and see what temperatures they will get on stock cpu settings. You will be intrigued :D

Soldato
You can see normal readout aka 80 i dont even know why i still have that active on my hwinfo.
Ryzen master is best to check temperature but its same as cpu temperature on hwinfo

New HWinfo beta came out yesterday
https://www.fosshub.com/HWiNFO.html?dwl=hwi_609_3855.zip

People in this topic should run an actuall 1hour long stress test and see what temperatures they will get on stock cpu settings. You will be intrigued :D

Oh, well in that case I run stock with PBO and it hits 95 degrees and just sits there whilst still holding 4GHz and not buging from 95, no lower no higher and this is in Ryzen Master

Permabanned
Oh, well in that case I run stock with PBO and it hits 95 degrees and just sits there whilst still holding 4GHz and not buging from 95, no lower no higher and this is in Ryzen Master
O ye ap You are on 90c+ same as i did stress teat on.my matec 3600. That radiator was like:

Hehe
Started on other timings managed to shave 9ff 0.2ns 2000% pass. Now shaved off another 0.1ns and testing once im done ill post full memoey settings for @8 Pack 4133 kit so eveeyone can have a go on theirs Zen2s. If all goes good 65.1 [email protected] alrd thinking where could i find that eztra 0.1ns to have flat 65 haha

Remember i got 120mm fan blowing directly in ram sticks!!!! Recomment this to anyone playing with memory on ryzen.

Permabanned
Soldato
Couple of questions for you guys. I've got an all core OC of 4300 @ 1.4 Volt but it's touch and go if CB can run without the temps hitting 95 and it crapping out.

So, I have some Kryonaut Ultra High paste to put on. What sort of temp drop would I likely see with this?
Secondly, if I changed fans to something a bit better, what sort of fan should I go for and how much better will the temps be for it?

Not only to you but everyone else here.

Gents. Please note. This is not a normal center core CPU. You need to spread the paste across the whole surface of the IHS and not just put some X lines or some blobs and pray it will spread.
The Ryzen 3000 cpus have 2-3 chips in them, and you have to cover the whole area manually with paste.

Associate
Does anyone know if a constant 1.4v for the CPU is fine for the 3700x

I'm sat at it right now as PBO is crap on my machine but worried I'm gonna do damage!

Associate
You can always reduce the voltage and the CPU will handle itself

If I reduce the voltage, then I don't get the 4.3 All core (all for fun of course). PBO for me is awful and does not work as I would hope. ECO mode from Ryzan Master is nice with it's 1.1volt mode if I need a cool chip

Soldato
If I reduce the voltage, then I don't get the 4.3 All core (all for fun of course). PBO for me is awful and does not work as I would hope. ECO mode from Ryzan Master is nice with it's 1.1volt mode if I need a cool chip

Personally I would have left everything default (except RAM) in BIOS and use Ryzen master first.

Back
Top Bottom