• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Playing about a bit i got 3200Mhz running on my crappy 3000 LPX Hynix IC'd RAM unsing DRam Calculator, no trouble at all actually, booted right in, 15m stress test passed.

I'll leave it for a couple of days and then try for higher.

HJfEM1B.jpg.png
I am full of hate right now. Absolutely nothing I do will get my RAM stable at anything over 3000 MT/s, even with the latest UEFI (AGESA 1.0.0.3). Played with every voltage I can think of and all timings listed in Ryzen DRAM Calculator...never works. :(

Soldato
I am full of hate right now. Absolutely nothing I do will get my RAM stable at anything over 3000 MT/s, even with the latest UEFI (AGESA 1.0.0.3). Played with every voltage I can think of and all timings listed in Ryzen DRAM Calculator...never works. :(

Time to sell and buy new RAM :)

Permabanned
If you use dry ice you will get considerably lower temperatures again, AND won't increase the humidity at all!
Got home its 31c in here heatwave stress test PASS
20240dc0055b444d4f02ebbbaa7dac3f94e8cb02.png

e0fa13659d35d73391110f398ca594303c8e619b.jpeg

I let her cool down a bit before 3 bench runs at 4250 and new bios flash time

Caporegime
I agree, now is not the time for PC tinkering. It's the time for being outdoors and lounging around, swimming pools etc. Game and overclock till your heart's content when the autumn storms come.

Nah, outside bad, inside good, or something to that effect, just proper AC cooling is both efficient, way cheaper than people think due to the efficiency and gives you lower air temps and dehumidifying. The latter of which is almost most important. Those truly awful summer nights where you can't sleep because everything is sticky and hot as hell.

Decent AC, probably talking about 15-20p an hour or something to have a nice comfortable summer and game to your hearts content without worrying about the inferno.

I do like to sit outside in summer, but on days I can't, or don't feel in the mood for it, or have stuff to do at home then gaming while nice and chilled out on a hot day is great.

Soldato
31c heatwave lol. Whilst not the hottest here... that is a 'not even trying' temp. Was funny just watching a live stream today of Jack from Planet Eclipse (Paintball) sweating as UK offices aren't really set up with A/C. (Right now it's 85F/29C, and i'd consider that 'warmish'.

Good time for testing for you guys :)

-------------

Anywho.... how is the 3xxx series stuff coming along now? It seems that clocks aren't as high as expected... but is the perf there as AMD claimed? (I stepped away for a couple of weeks really as heavy project work)

Soldato
Last edited:
Permabanned
Update on 1.0.0.3AB bioses on asus.
STAY THE **** AWAY OF EM
Booting problems
Memory training problems
Most important they are SLOWER i benched ggekbench cb2p and 3dmark 3 times each scored less than on 2501 bios with same conditions even better conditions cause sustem had 1 hour rest after 8 hour 88c thorment hehehehe.

Flashig back to custom moded 2501.

Soldato
Nah, outside bad, inside good, or something to that effect, just proper AC cooling is both efficient, way cheaper than people think due to the efficiency and gives you lower air temps and dehumidifying. The latter of which is almost most important. Those truly awful summer nights where you can't sleep because everything is sticky and hot as hell.

Decent AC, probably talking about 15-20p an hour or something to have a nice comfortable summer and game to your hearts content without worrying about the inferno.

I do like to sit outside in summer, but on days I can't, or don't feel in the mood for it, or have stuff to do at home then gaming while nice and chilled out on a hot day is great.
Dehumidifier isn't always good. Due to my daughter's excema we actually have to use a humidifier! To help keep it calm.
To be honest in Scotland it never gets that hit that you can't sleep. So no need for AC.

Soldato
its been possible since day 1 of zen 2 with ryzen master. I got somethign better scrip that sets CCX OC on windows boot up in background hahaha

Ah I didn't realise. Learn something new every day. The article said you can't via Ryzen master which made me think it was something new.

Back
Top Bottom