• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Well built my 3800X setup on an ASRock x570 Phantom gaming 4 with some T-Force dark pro 3600 RAM. I swear I bought the Thermaltake Water 3.0 and it said it had AM4 bracket, but as NZXT stuff like the G12 Kraken supports other manufacturers AIO pumps I managed to use the Kraken X62 brackets with the thermaltake AIO as I couldnt be bothered to dismantle the Kraken on the 1080ti.

It's been so long since I reinstalled windows from afresh that I forgot how long it took. I ache between the legs. So too with a BIOS especially with so many more variables and options. Just left it all on auto and adjusted the RAM to 3733Mhz and so far runs well. Seems in all the monitoring software including AMD's own in Ryzen master the CPU temp graphs are sawtoothed. Gaming PUBG @4k saw max temps between 50 and 65 degrees. Idle around 50 degrees but I havent adjusted the apparent high voltage even at idle people are experiencing. The minumums in framerates are much higher and the fps counter meaning less variance on the framecunter. So much smoother experience. Thgough the game has just had a significant patch so dunno how much is down to that. I'll try FARCRY 5 later.

What I did notice from the Afterburner graphs on the core usage is that across the 8 cores they varied from 80% use on the highest core and down to single figures on the lowest core. The cores all bosted to same speed (I have PBO on currently) and the core sped was 4350-4450 during gaming.

CPU-Z saw 544 in single thread bench test.

Now just wait for the BIOS's etc to develop to maybe increase performance or fully working according to those who realy know what they are on about, though could be just older boards.
What you wrote probably was fantastic, but you made me cry with laughter with the typo and things you typed lmao

Caporegime
Playing about a bit i got 3200Mhz running on my crappy 3000 LPX Hynix IC'd RAM unsing DRam Calculator, no trouble at all actually, booted right in, 15m stress test passed.

I'll leave it for a couple of days and then try for higher.

HJfEM1B.jpg.png

Associate
@beany_bot
I'm an Overclocker used to use bucket full of ice to put my 360 external radiator in it for benching so..
There You go my creation. Ghetto poor mans AC unit build 1.1

Bucked filled up with ice topped up with Water fan blowing on to the water in my cardboard tunnel. One hour of this cut me 3c of Bedroom temperature down before i went to sleep
L6vH7sx.jpg

Overclocking is way of life :cool:

Actually awesome :D I feel you need to include some sticky backed plastic and a fairy liquid bottle though....maybe some RGBs too

Caporegime
Ditto. I really need to get some air con fitted or something, if we're going to keep having summers like this, it's horrendous upstairs!

Do it sooner rather than later. Also go full on, get a dual/triple split unit, one box outside and 2-3 rooms covered inside. It's worth remembering that heat pumps can actually provide really good value heating in winter as well as cooling in summer. I've had issues in the new(not that new any more ) house so can't get it installed yet but planning on one of the living room/kitchen and one for my bedroom. Sleeping in lower humidity and heat is amazing in a hot summer as you don't wake up exhausted, that's from having AC in previous houses.

Having an AC unit in summer makes just usual sitting around way more comfortable but also means gaming without turning a room into a furnace. Combine AC with some solar panels and with a heavy upfront cost (for the solar rather than AC, which is relatively cheap) you can also do it while feeling fairly environmentally conscious and costing even less.

Soldato
Playing about a bit i got 3200Mhz running on my crappy 3000 LPX Hynix IC'd RAM unsing DRam Calculator, no trouble at all actually, booted right in, 15m stress test passed.

I'll leave it for a couple of days and try for higher.

HJfEM1B.jpg.png

I’ve had 3000Mhz LPX running at 3433mhz cas16 1T with 1.39volts. Pretty sure it would do 3600Mhz.

Caporegime
@beany_bot
I'm an Overclocker used to use bucket full of ice to put my 360 external radiator in it for benching so..
There You go my creation. Ghetto poor mans AC unit build 1.1

Bucked filled up with ice topped up with Water fan blowing on to the water in my cardboard tunnel. One hour of this cut me 3c of Bedroom temperature down before i went to sleep
L6vH7sx.jpg

Overclocking is way of life :cool:

You realise that will always increase the humidity in the room? 30C dry heat can be way more comfortable than 25C and higher humidity.

Seriously though even a good quality double split unit is say £800-900, then you can get both lower temps and lower humidity, far more comfortable room to just chill out in, let alone play games in which would normally jack up the temperature way further.

Soldato
You realise that will always increase the humidity in the room? 30C dry heat can be way more comfortable than 25C and higher humidity.

Seriously though even a good quality double split unit is say £800-900, then you can get both lower temps and lower humidity, far more comfortable room to just chill out in, let alone play games in which would normally jack up the temperature way further.
I agree, now is not the time for PC tinkering. It's the time for being outdoors and lounging around, swimming pools etc. Game and overclock till your heart's content when the autumn storms come.

Permabanned

You realise I got NO windows in my bedroom(well got windows that cant be open and they are sealed off from light 100%) and its been 27c in there at 1am today ?? This cuts it down 25c after 1 hour of blasting. This mod worked last to day deffo need it today cause its been 42c in my Van.

@beany_bot its best time to check stability. I managed to trigger thermal protection last night when I'w hit 115c on tdie around 8pm :D.
I cant swim and hate hot weather.

And got new bios waiting for me to test out after i get back from work.

But first i got 5km run home up hill with 5kgs in backpack Fun times ahead
morning was 28c when i was running to work now its 35 will be MASSACRE
1b4b85f0a87a7701f561ae9add7b1c08a5cc5cb2.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato

I'll leave it for a couple of days and then try for higher.

HJfEM1B.jpg.png

What dials have you tinkered with there. Got the below 4000mhz cl18 b-die and struggling to get below 17-17-17-29 @ 1.35v (soc volts untouched).

Soldato
You realise I got NO windows in my bedroom(well got windows that cant be open and they are sealed off from light 100%) and its been 27c in there at 1am today ?? This cuts it down 25c after 1 hour of blasting. This mod worked last to day deffo need it today cause its been 42c in my Van.

@beany_bot its best time to check stability. I managed to trigger thermal protection last night when I'w hit 115c on tdie around 8pm :D.
I cant swim and hate hot weather.

And got new bios waiting for me to test out after i get back from work.

But first i got 5km run home up hill with 5kgs in backpack Fun times ahead
morning was 28c when i was running to work now its 35 will be MASSACRE

I can't run when it's hot. I absolutely hate it. I run 3 5ks a week but can't do it when it's hot. I can cycle when it's hot till the cows come home but not run.

Back
Top Bottom