• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Its memory kit dependant. I had 3600cl14 on my z2700x BUT had to use GEARDOWN ON thats why I was using 3533cl14 with no geardown :)

I could dig out my 3733cl14/1866 STABLE timings on Zen2 if Ya want. its using 1.45 volts that was with 100bclk as I said for 3800/1900 i went with 101.8bclk.

Tonight I will send you my Typhoon burner html file. My IF cant do anything over 1800MHz so I need timings for 3600MHz.

Permabanned
@Zeed You didn't answer this one.
I'm not sure how AUTO behaves TBH as I was using Manual VDDG from day 1

3733cl14 with 101.8blck stable with settings on side knew i had it somewhere. So people can try this. It's my first week setting before we cracked resistances on IMC. Thats why ProcODDT is 53 and so on. Should work with it set to 34/36 RTT off not 7 and RttPark atrzq5

You can also see that its 2ns SLOWER than 3800cl16 :) but STILL ON 1.4 volts in to DDR.
This deffo should wok at 3600/1800

pass.png

Soldato
I'm not sure how AUTO behaves TBH as I was using Manual VDDG from day 1

3733cl14 with 101.8blck stable with settings on side knew i had it somewhere. So people can try this. It's my first week setting before we cracked resistances on IMC. Thats why ProcODDT is 53 and so on. Should work with it set to 34/36 RTT off not 7 and RttPark atrzq5

You can also see that its 2ns SLOWER than 3800cl16 :) but STILL ON 1.4 volts in to DDR.
This deffo should wok at 3600/1800

pass.png

What was your manual VDDG?

Soldato
Is VDDG even a thing? I know there's VDDP, CLDO_VDDP and CLDO_VDDG, but I haven't seen a setting for VDDG.

In my motherboard's first Ryzen 3000 UEFI, CLDO_VDDG defaulted to 0.9 V, which restricted RAM/IF speeds to < 1500 MHz. All the more recent UEFIs set it to 0.95 V, which is enough for IF to be stable up to 1866 MHz.

Permabanned
Is VDDG even a thing? I know there's VDDP, CLDO_VDDP and CLDO_VDDG, but I haven't seen a setting for VDDG.

In my motherboard's first Ryzen 3000 UEFI, CLDO_VDDG defaulted to 0.9 V, which restricted RAM/IF speeds to < 1500 MHz. All the more recent UEFIs set it to 0.95 V, which is enough for IF to be stable up to 1866 MHz.
ye thats short for VDDG no other option for that voltage it was explained why its called like that by Stilt.

Soldato
Ordered the ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus WiFi, arriving tomorrow.
The MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi will be going back. Free returns; some retailers could learn from this. One month to return; some retailers could learn from this.

If anything is faulty, any return is free. @Zeed it wasn't his CPU that was faulty, it was his MOBO socket - dead.

If anything is faulty, any return is free. @Zeed it wasn't his CPU that was faulty, it was his MOBO socket - dead.
The paid for return is for the CPU, which isn't faulty; refund within 14-day period. Had no choice but to RMA as I was going to go past the 14 days without knowing for certain which part was faulty. Second CPU arrived today, and confirmed that it was the mobo that was faulty - unless I'm the only person in the world that gets 2 CPUs that trip the power when in socket.

Soldato
The paid for return is for the CPU, which isn't faulty; refund within 14-day period. Had no choice but to RMA as I was going to go past the 14 days without knowing for certain which part was faulty. Second CPU arrived today, and confirmed that it was the mobo that was faulty - unless I'm the only person in the world that gets 2 CPUs that trip the power when in socket.

It's been some terrible luck for ya, tarnishing your Ryzen 3000 purchase. Feel for ya, hope it all works soon so you can tinker with all this wet weather this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom