• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

It's been some terrible luck for ya, tarnishing your Ryzen 3000 purchase. Feel for ya, hope it all works soon so you can tinker with all this wet weather this weekend.
I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.
More concerned with making sure I post a picture of my 5700XT in the 5700XT owners thread, but I've stated that I'll only do so once the whole system is up and running. :p

Permabanned
Last edited:
its WORSE than buying AIB cause cooler is loud as hell and gpu is running at 90c and quite possible aib will be cheaper than 450 quid 'sucker' edition
You should read the 5700XT owners thread. I'm not seeing anyone complain about the heat, and very few complaining about the noise.
Seems like you've prejudged it based upon an inherent bias.
Common theme seems to be to undervolt, +50PL, and set fan curve to max out at 70%

Soldato
Those blower editions are very good in Xfire and removingthe heat from the case. The noise is made by the exhaust air going through the grill at the back. Dremel that out and they are very quiet. Same as blowing air through your teeth. Noisy. Let me knock em out - much quieter.

Caporegime
You should read the 5700XT owners thread. I'm not seeing anyone complain about the heat, and very few complaining about the noise.
Seems like you've prejudged it based upon an inherent bias.
Common theme seems to be to undervolt, +50PL, and set fan curve to max out at 70%

70% fan is loud on the 5700XT. Anyone who says it isn't is lying to themselves.
At stock it's audible, but not loud. But it'll hit 90C.

60% fan is what I've set my limit to. 2000MHZ set and 1075mv. It's audible, but it's not super loud but it'll easy max out 85c after hours.

Caporegime
Those blower editions are very good in Xfire and removingthe heat from the case. The noise is made by the exhaust air going through the grill at the back. Dremel that out and they are very quiet. Same as blowing air through your teeth. Noisy. Let me knock em out - much quieter.

5700XT doesn't work in Crossfire. And there's maybe 2 games that have actually had multi gpu coded to work in DX12.

Soldato
@opethdisciple
you tried em timings ??

Your screen shoot disappeared before I could grab em. If you could post again that would be awesome.

I just tried again with the dram calc and no luck at all My set up will not do CL14 3600MHz period.

I put VDDG voltage back to auto. But settings wise I'm back to how it was freezing in games.

What's strange is even at these settings my SOC and VDDG matches what the dram calc says I should be on.

Soldato
Yeah back in the day when people actually bought more than one card. Sli xfire is dead really.

Associate
Quick question for peeps. Since reinstalling windows my volts are close to 1.5 when doing simple tasks. I've got the latest amd drivers and the mb is on f4j (GB X570 Gaming x).

Something seems wrong. Anyone got an idea (windows power is on ryzen balanced).

Permabanned
70% fan is loud on the 5700XT. Anyone who says it isn't is lying to themselves.
At stock it's audible, but not loud. But it'll hit 90C.

60% fan is what I've set my limit to. 2000MHZ set and 1075mv. It's audible, but it's not super loud but it'll easy max out 85c after hours.
I'w been under water on gopus since 6950 flashed to 6970 and only cooler i could live with is windforce. I got 2070super for my mates build its as loud as my water pump. He loves it :)

@opethdisciple i reuploaded em screenshots and posted here hours ago...

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Quick question for peeps. Since reinstalling windows my volts are close to 1.5 when doing simple tasks. I've got the latest amd drivers and the mb is on f4j (GB X570 Gaming x).

Something seems wrong. Anyone got an idea (windows power is on ryzen balanced).

Up to 1.5v on light load, low threaded workloads is within spec of Ryzen 3000 series (0.2v - 1.5)

If you do an all core CB15 run it will drop down to about 1.22-1.25v providing you haven't enabled PBO

Back
Top Bottom