• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
I am very impressed with my upgrade.

Just played GTA5 for an hour, when I last played it I had an overclocked 2700k, GTX980 and an old Korean 1440p IPS monitor.

Playing it now, with a 3600 + 5700 + 32" 1440p 144hz monitor and it looks and runs amazing, it was pretty stuttery when I tried with the 2700k + 5700.

Soldato
Yes but my point is that unless you really need 12 cores it's just a CPU that is lower clocked than the 3600x / 3800x and probably performs worse in games. Just having 12 cores for a lower price doesn't make it practical.
My 3900x was the best performer for gaming second only to my 3950x I had, where I could clock one ccx at 4.6ghz permanently. I now have a 3700x and it's not anywhere near as good in games

Caporegime
My 3900x was the best performer for gaming second only to my 3950x I had, where I could clock one ccx at 4.6ghz permanently. I now have a 3700x and it's not anywhere near as good in games
Really... your 3700x isn't anywhere near as good as your 3900x? Are you standing by that statement, despite there being a wealth of independent benchmarks and reviews on the internet since many months now that show ithe 3700x performs very similarly to the 3900x in gaming, usually within 10%? https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/fea...erformance-specs-features/gaming-benchmarks-5

The only area where the 3900x significantly beats a 3700x, or where a 3700x could be described as being significantly behind, is in non-gaming applications where the additional cores are put to full use.

Soldato
Really... your 3700x isn't anywhere near as good as your 3900x? Are you standing by that statement, despite there being a wealth of independent benchmarks and reviews on the internet since many months now that show ithe 3700x performs very similarly to the 3900x in gaming, usually within 10%? https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/fea...erformance-specs-features/gaming-benchmarks-5

The only area where the 3900x significantly beats a 3700x, or where a 3700x could be described as being significantly behind, is in non-gaming applications where the additional cores are put to full use.
I have had all three, and im not going to defend it. I lived it. They are going by the single core boost. But sadly no games use just 1 core anymore so it's a moot point. Hence the clocking of one ccx to almost the boost ghz giving better gaming performance
Or an all core oc being better for a game like call of duty for example

Caporegime
I have had all three, and im not going to defend it. I lived it. They are going by the single core boost. But sadly no games use just 1 core anymore so it's a moot point. Hence the clocking of one ccx to almost the boost ghz giving better gaming performance
Or an all core oc being better for a game like call of duty for example
I can say the moon is made of marshmallow, but that doesn't make it true. The multitude of benchmarks out there on tens of review sites, tested under consistent conditions and showing that the gaming performance between the 3700x and 3900x is marginal, speak for themselves and provide empirical scientific evidence that what you say is not true. https://youtu.be/RHw67eaT32U?t=377

I respect your right to an opinion, but please do not present it as anything other than a wholly subjective opinion, based on no tangible evidence, and that runs contrary to public information. Otherwise, please provide links and evidence supporting your statement that "a 3700x isn't anywhere near as good as a 3900x in gaming" and I will be happy to eat my proverbial hat.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can say the moon is made of marshmallow, but that doesn't make it true. The multitude of benchmarks out there on tens of review sites, tested under consistent conditions and showing that the gaming performance between the 3700x and 3900x is marginal, speak for themselves and provide empirical scientific evidence that what you say is not true. https://youtu.be/RHw67eaT32U?t=377

I respect your right to an opinion, but please do not present it as anything other than a wholly subjective opinion, based on no tangible evidence, and that runs contrary to public information. Otherwise, please provide links and evidence supporting your statement that "a 3700x isn't anywhere near as good as a 3900x in gaming" and I will be happy to eat my proverbial hat.
I can send you my 3dmark scores, I can send you my friends 3900x scores against his 10900k at 5.4ghz all cores that it beats. My 3700x does not and its about 15% slower in games because I can only get 4.3 all core,
Also I have spent the last x amount of time (I think a year). since the 3900x was released, tweaking and fiddling to this day. Changing cpu along the way. They are probably not wrong in their amount of time they put in. But I've put in far far far far more time.
KLtymUq.png

1st is HT off 5.4ghz , 3rd is Ht on 5ghz this is all i can get hold of right now as not at my pc

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can send you my 3dmark scores, I can send you my friends 3900x scores against his 10900k at 5.4ghz all cores that it beats. My 3700x does not and its about 15% slower in games because I can only get 4.3 all core,
Also I have spent the last x amount of time (I think a year). since the 3900x was released, tweaking and fiddling to this day. Changing cpu along the way. They are probably not wrong in their amount of time they put in. But I've put in far far far far more time.

1st is HT off 5.4ghz , 3rd is Ht on 5ghz this is all i can get hold of right now as not at my pc
So to be clear, you are referring specifically to maximum overclocked performance? That was not clear from your initial posts.

Associate
Just put together office pc for my missus:
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI b450 pro-m2 mATX max
Corsair 32 GB 3000 MHz
Crucial p2 500 GB nvme

Noticed it was boosting (before applying all drivers,updates) to 4275 MHz on all auto (xmp on).
This computer feels so quick for an office pc :D

Back
Top Bottom