• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Was it mid tier? As I never heard it...link me to the bit

Oh you can’t as you just made it up.

Your sir are 100% right, they made zero confirmation of the chip other than it was equivalent 8c/16t to the 9900K, running at engineering sample speeds, and drawing about 50% of the power of the 9900K but equalling/bettering the performance of it in a highly threaded task.

It's awful to think that a CPU that is drawing only around 65-75w and could be operating at 4.2-4.8GHz (who knows really) and equalled the 4.7GHz all core speed of the 9900K which was pulling at least 95w, but spiking to the allowed PL2 limit of 119w for some of that demo.

For me, in my line of work that is all I needed to see, I can now happily know that later in the year I'll be designing and building systems in 1U chassis that will have 8c/16t CPU's in, but still be able to stay cool without needing a huge cooler, or lots of tiny really fast noisy fans.

Permabanned
She s
No it wasn’t

Link me again...

I’m waiting
She says in the keynote that it was a like for like comparison, 8c vs 8c. The die she held up showed a single chiplet with space for another. All the leaks state that we have 12c and16c still to come. Now show me where she said that was the flagship Zen 2 and I’ll retract my statement.

Don
The die shot and power consumption figures suggest that a 16core version for desktop as per the original leaks is definitely on the cards. Core for core, same performance as the 9900K, just twice as many.

Soldato
On the contrary I wanted zen to kill the 9900k

The 12 and 16 core parts will do that and then **** all over the grave, and do it cheaper. Your wish will come true in June. The fact AMD are beating the £500 i9 this early only goes to show things will only get better, and you can't really moan when it costs sub £200 and is mid range Zen.

Associate
The 12 and 16 core parts will do that and then **** all over the grave, and do it cheaper. Your wish will come true in June. The fact AMD are beating the £500 i9 this early only goes to show things will only get better, and you can't really moan when it costs sub £200 and is mid range Zen.

On the contrary this is solely about ipc/single core speed.

Back
Top Bottom