• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
Actually according to some data over at Guru3D it does beat the 1080Ti handily and is sparing with the 2080.

Zen2 ES chip just beat released 9900K. That's a big difference.

No I don’t see it...the 2080 is 1% to 2% faster than a 1080ti for like 150 quid more...

The RAD 7 is a disappointment

Soldato
8 Amd cores (narrowly) beat the flagship desktop 8 core Intel cpu at a lower power draw....

Its safe to assume that Amd have finally gained the Ipc crown. But yeah we can only sit back and wait to see what else comes out.

Why are people so pessimistic?
The only pessimistic people in ere are those who have just bought 9900k's and who don't want their crown taken. Simple. Salty.

Associate
No I don’t see it...the 2080 is 1% to 2% faster than a 1080ti for like 150 quid more...

The RAD 7 is a disappointment

Yes it is a let down regarding rad 7, but i think amds zen 2 processors are more of a success because this time unlike zen and zen + we now have a 8c/16t processor scoring the same as a 9900k at whichever core clock it is at, something the zen and zen + have not been able to do.

Caporegime
Yes it is a let down regarding rad 7, but i think amds zen 2 processors are more of a success because this time unlike zen and zen + we now have a 8c/16t processor scoring the same as a 9900k at whichever core clock it is at, something the zen and zen + have not been able to do.

Ok so If that zen chip is running 5ghz it’s a success is it even if the 9900k is running 4.7ghz?

Hmmmm

Explain...

Associate
How can you say that when no clock speed was divulged?

Are you insane ?

Why would clocks matter, for Ryzen IPC were to be worse the clocks must have been much higher than 4.7Ghz as they are both 8/16. Do you think ryzen can high over 4.7Ghz all cores?

If not and Ryzen can't reach 4.7Ghz then Ryzen IPC will be higher.

Caporegime
The only thing I think I can grumble over is no Navi being mentioned. But she did say there are more high performance GPU's coming this year. Which I'm fine with :)

I liked the Rad 7. I thought it's design was lovely to look at and it seemed to perform very well. More than enough for my needs at least. Although I think it'll be skipped with me. I'd rather wait for Navi with hopefully similar performance for better cost. Let's see what's around and to see it benchmarked, clocked and reviewed - don't have to wait long.

Soldato
Yes meaning the 9900k is the faster chip and has the faster ipc
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom