• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Hopefully by then, fast ddr4 should be a little cheaper.

giphy.gif

Soldato
No it wouldn't. I've got 32GB of DDr4 witting here waiting for my R73000 rig!
I've had my 32GB kit since i had my 5820k in March 2015, it's a quad channel kit so bit awkward to go to mainstream unless i sell it and get another kit. Might wait til DDR5 myself so i can upgrade everything at the same time.

DDR5 pricing surely won't be worse than DDR4 has been anyway :p

Soldato
Iit's a quad channel kit so bit awkward to go to mainstream unless i sell it and get another kit. Might wait til DDR5 myself so i can upgrade everything at the same time.:p

Nothing "awkward" about it at all. I have run 2 dual channel kits in my CH6 since launch, the first were Hynix and the current is B-die. Both worked and work fine, obviously though the B-die is faster.

Soldato
I want to see some really good quality motherboards for these new cpus. Not the poor relation version we sometimes seem to get. I tend to keep my system for a long time so it's worth investing a bit more.

Soldato
OP
I want to see some really good quality motherboards for these new cpus. Not the poor relation version we sometimes seem to get. I tend to keep my system for a long time so it's worth investing a bit more.

I think we will, you can tell the difference between X470 vs X370, I don't think motherboard manufacturers thought AM4 was going to be so big and popular which is why they skimped a bit on the 1st edition boards, you can see the improvements on the 2nd edition boards, especially in the VRM area.

Id love to see an AM4 version of the MSI Z390 Godlike......id snap one of those up.

Soldato
I think we will, you can tell the difference between X470 vs X370, I don't think motherboard manufacturers thought AM4 was going to be so big and popular which is why they skimped a bit on the 1st edition boards, you can see the improvements on the 2nd edition boards, especially in the VRM area.

Id love to see an AM4 version of the MSI Z390 Godlike......id snap one of those up.

I'm hoping you're right, one of those a 3800X with decent clocks and 16GB of fast RAM would last me years. Planning to cool with an EK Phoenix. I think we're looking at May 2019 before the 3000 series are available?

Back
Top Bottom