• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Do we know if new X470 motherboards are compatible with the new CPUs? I want to buy a brand new motherboard, but not a an X570 at double the price..with a fan I don't want.

Yes they'll be fine, there was a chart released by AMD stating that X470/B450 full compatibility and X370/B350 was BIOS dependant from the board manufacturer

Isnt it just better to buy 2 of these kits for £280?

Edit, guess you're looking at 2x 16GB though.

I've considered it, but sadly with Ryzen so far 2 DIMMs clock much higher, and are easier on the IMC than 4. So for instance you can get 32GB at 3600Mhz 2x16, or 4x8GB, and get 2666-2933Mhz if you're lucky with the exact same DIMMs.

At the moment I guess it's best to wait for more information to come out, and hopefully we'll get some number for RAM soon.

So far though, Team Group, and G-Skill seem to be great for Ryzen.

Because I've watched tons of 4690k vs 9900k benchmarks. Thats how I know. On average I would say from what I have seen your looking at about 20fps (at 1080p). And thats assuming a stock 4690. Which mine certainly is not. Certainly not DOUBLE as you suggest. Also, I game at 1440p, so the gains would be even less for me. You are fooling no one suggesting you get DOUBLE the FPS going from 4th gen to 9th gen Intel. Especially at modern resolutions.

So yes, you are ever the Intel apologist. But I stand by it. Intel offered me marginal gains over the years and I wasn't tempted.
Now I am.

as said unless you know or see it you wont believe it. battlefield can do it for eg. pubg can. thats just two games off top of my head. there are more games. amd has basically just caught up with last tech intel. so your happy now with what they deliver ? think about it its because of the value. isnt it ? you could have had what you get now 2 years ago. so work that out. a entry level 6 core they going to announce now is basically £200 8700. you could have brought said 8700 had 2 years use of it and still be probably faster overall ingames for then and for ever vs the new 6 core.

your holding onto your i5 which is 6 years old and saying intel havent improved enough. a 8700k is easily twice maybe x3 as fast. your just after value. nothing wrong with that but dont say there isnt no improvements as there is over double maybe quadrouple over your set up.

Just asked ASUS customer service if an X470 Strix needed a BIOS update and they said yes....might have to look into this further. (although I don't always trust the responses they give lol)

Just asked ASUS customer service if an X470 Strix needed a BIOS update and they said yes....might have to look into this further. (although I don't always trust the responses they give lol)
I have a gigabyte x470 aorus ultra gaming ( i know, bad choice) but the bios update to take the new ryzen 3000 series has been out for it for about 2 weeks. Check the support page of your board and discover success

lucky you, tried them on twitter and nothing so far as far as x370-prime.

There were some prices in Euros for MSI boards, which started at 219 euro for the cheapest X570. (source - https://www.computerbase.de/2019-05/msi-x570-mainboards-uebersicht-preise/)

Not liking those prices, will try a new Zen 2 chip in my MSI X470 Carbon first, i wont be going for more than 12 cores anyway so good chance i'll be fine with my current mobo with only needing just one M.2 SSD in my setup.

Just switching the chip will be the easiest CPU upgrade for me in a long time :)

I'll be waiting on reviews and user opinions though, so no preordering for me.

Not liking those prices, will try a new Zen 2 chip in my MSI X470 Carbon first, i wont be going for more than 12 cores anyway so good chance i'll be fine with my current mobo with only needing just one M.2 SSD in my setup.

Just switching the chip will be the easiest CPU upgrade for me in a long time :)

I'll be waiting on reviews and user opinions though, so no preordering for me.

I'm expecting the top end boards to reach £500 easily then. 2x8pin CPU power, proper VRM heatsinks, and heatpipes. EATX, and loads of bells and whistles.
I'll be going for the 12 core, and see how far it'll push, but I'll be waiting on reviews. Seems silly to pay too much on the motherboard.

Also nice to see plenty of USB 3.1/C and 10Gb ethernet

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-XTREME-rev-10#kf

hzp9Unk.png

The built-in IO plate is nice.
5umymWI.jpg

I have a gigabyte x470 aorus ultra gaming ( i know, bad choice) but the bios update to take the new ryzen 3000 series has been out for it for about 2 weeks. Check the support page of your board and discover success

I don't have an AM4 board yet. I'm seeing if I can buy a brand new X470/B450 and it work out of the box.

sff x570 boards...

asrock (intel 115x mountings) = 6+2 (?A powerstages)
asus impact (mini dtx) = 8+2 (70A powerstages)
asus strix = 8+2 (?A powerstages)
gigabyte = 6+2 (70A powerstages)
msi = ???

@orbitalwalsh do you have anymore info about the power delivery of the sff boards?
these are what i've come up with so far.
msi aren't doing an itx board for x570?

Back
Top Bottom