• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Don't get the negativity on these, especially people on Intel 4th gen or older. They will blow them away, if you think platform upgrade is expensive then get a 2000 series with B450/X470 they have great deals on right now, majority of people will still be GPU limited in any case.

Don't get the negativity on these, especially people on Intel 4th gen or older. They will blow them away, if you think platform upgrade is expensive then get a 2000 series with B450/X470 they have great deals on right now, majority of people will still be GPU limited in any case.
No real negativity from me. I always said that if it matched 9900k in gaming then Im happy. which clearly it does.
Just the price has thrown me, I thought this was dead cert buy for me. But now I'll need to look at ram, cpu and mobos and think long and hard whether I get 3800x, 3900x or 9900k. It's not that simple anymore. AMD cpus are more than I expected, the (fast) RAM will be more expensive than "any old" ram for intel. And the mobos look to be more expensive than usual.
Not negative. I am defo upgrading. But just not sure what to yet. roll on the reviews and price/perf breakdown.

Anyone comment on how the 3600 is doing here.

https://twitter.com/TUM_APISAK/status/1134081984743976961

D70RZ0uUEAATLpO.jpg:large

I really don't like UserBenchmark, look at the 2600 results, taken from 126,000 results, that's 126.000 different systems running allsorts of different memory configs and clock speeds...

It just lumps all of that together "here's an Average of all that"

Honestly its about as useful as Golf Bats on an Oil-rig.

yP328od.png

Deleted out of the Heatel thread and moved here...
------------------

hmm... that's also the None X, lower clocked, vs an 8700 none K, also lower clocked vs 8700K, but only by 100Mhz

PUBG
Ryzen 3600: 183 FPS
Core i7 8700: 172 FPS

If true that's very promising.

Yeah if true i definitely will be upgrading to a ryzen 3800x if it is very close to performance regarding 9900k or the same or a bit faster if that is the case i will be buying this 3800x in no time ;0).

And or if it matches the performance of a intel 8 series processor or whatever.

Deleted out of the Heatel thread and moved here...
------------------

hmm... that's also the None X, lower clocked, vs an 8700 none K, also lower clocked vs 8700K, but only by 100Mhz

PUBG
Ryzen 3600: 183 FPS
Core i7 8700: 172 FPS

If true that's very promising.

yeah most 8700k will do close to 5ghz or 5ghz so i will just add this in to show full potential.

so that is good. close to 8700k overclocked and more cores.

meaningless the other way round aswell. fighting over a few fps when its that high isn't somthing that is going to be noticed. I don't have an intel system so I'm not interested in how intel performs in games/work load.

I don't have intel but damn sure I'm interested in how a certain processor performs in certain workloads. Enthusiasts should be. Intel or AMD it's worth knowing what you could have .

Robert Hallock

@Thracks

Clarification on 13% or 15%: Prior to presenting onstage @ Computex , we planned to use a Cinebench 1T-derived IPC figure. That is 13%. Slides were made and shared. In the end, we decided it would be best to use a more rigorous SPECint-derived figure. That is 15%.

From a purely aesthetic standpoint I actually lean towards the colorful board.
1tTFFDD.jpg
It's assthetics and it only artificially inflates pricing per actual quality and even worsers functionality.
Like VRM cooling being sabotaged by those "IO covers".
Even that Colorful has that heatsink seriously bad for its size:
Flat slab has little surface area.

And functionality sabotaging cents/pennies for makers become fast €/£ for us.
Not to mention no doubt extra special gaming bling bling profit margin.

I suspect motherboards prices have moved up at least one step because of all that garbage.

Back
Top Bottom