• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Basically margin of error.
Could you be anymore pedantic

I'd like to see more testing repeated to give people more of a sense that the figures are not exact and will vary. I think some expect that add it is computing everything will be perfectly repeatable. We need the equivalent term to biological variation ;) which I suppose silicon lottery is!

Associate
MSI’s Internal Slides For AMD Ryzen 3000 CPUs Show A 13% IPC Increase Instead of AMD’s Claimed 15% IPC Jump https://wccftech.com/amd-msi-claim-different-ipc-increase-numbers-ryzen-3000-cpus/

They were provided to MSI by AMD, MSI spoke about that on their stream and said they were unsure if its a mistake.

Probability 13% over Zen+ and 15% over Zen. From AMD's disclaimer:

[^2 Testing by AMD Performance Labs as of 5/23.2918 AMD “Zen2” CPU-based
system scored an estimated 15% higher than previous generation AMD “Zen” based
system using estimated SPECint®_rate_base2006 results. SPEC and SPECint are
registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation.
See www.spec.org. GD-141]

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Surely 480p!

Otherwise the GPU is doing All the work!

im serious, and dont call me Shirley!

Right.

Tho i do think its right to do that when testing CPU performance in games, if the GPU is doing the work its not a CPU test.

yeah was being a touch sarcastic as a few on here will be waving them scores as proof one cpu is better than another when in the real world you wouldnt be able to tell. because reason and intelligence goes out the window when trying to prove a point after all :p

Soldato
Don't worry, regardless of how well these chips perform we can all be assured that DG will manage to find some benchmark in which Intel is still faster.
It may well be BF1 at 240p with CSGO updating in the background with 4x RTX titans.
But whatever it is. He will find it and claim Intel superiority.

Soldato
Don't worry, regardless of how well these chips perform we can all be assured that DG will manage to find some benchmark in which Intel is still faster.
It may well be BF1 at 240p with CSGO updating in the background with 4x RTX titans.
But whatever it is. He will find it and claim Intel superiority.

"Look! We achieve 24,000 fps at 240p lowest details in CS Source and the 3800X only achieves 23,950!"

Back
Top Bottom