• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Choice has nothing to do with if the chips are limited by older chipsets...

Why buy a £500 cpu if it’s going to be gimped...on your older mobo regardless of wether “it will work” :p

remind me where it's gimped? Gimped in what way? We seem to have moved goalposts... that's fine, we can work on this angle. I'm quite used to your arguments ending up circular too so... we can come back to this later :D

Remind me, in what way gimped?

AMD are on record stating performance will be the same on older boards.
What part of the Ryzen 3 processor is gimped by running it on a B450/X470?

actually, scratch it, I'll stop clicking the "show ignored content" button :D

Associate
This is an enthusiast forum, where price and performance has no limits, and is not mainstream, which is where most of the talk is happening.

An enthusiast has no problem changing anything so it gets the desired performance so yeah.

So the enthusiast is only a minority out of everybody regarding the market etc, etc, etc.

An enthusiast will go to limits spending out his way getting rid of bottlenecks and the like which is gimped performance.

Dan.

Soldato
This is an enthusiast forum, where price and performance has no limits, and is not mainstream, which is where most of the talk is happening.

An enthusiast has no problem changing anything so it gets the desired performance so yeah.

So the enthusiast is only a minority out of everybody regarding the market etc, etc, etc.

An enthusiast will go to limits spending out his way getting rid of bottlenecks and the like which is gimped performance.

Dan.

wut?

Caporegime
remind me where it's gimped? Gimped in what way? We seem to have moved goalposts... that's fine, we can work on this angle. I'm quite used to your arguments ending up circular too so... we can come back to this later :D

Remind me, in what way gimped?

AMD are on record stating performance will be the same on older boards.
What part of the Ryzen 3 processor is gimped by running it on a B450/X470?

Well I doubt my MSI pro carbon with a damn fine VRM will overclock my incoming 3900x aswell as a new MSI X570....I may be wrong ...also ram clocking etc...might by gimped too...but I’ll wait and see before I ditch my B450.

The Overclocking headroom of the 3900x also needs to be established...The X570 has to offer people more than just PCI-Express 4.0

Permabanned

Dan.
???? :confused::rolleyes:

Soldato
Just being random as well as being an oddball in the discussion.

I know people are lost and is irrelevant so never mind.

It's ok :)

But...

Options are one thing.
Required spending is something else entirely.

Yes, that the options are there, some will go nuts, spend waaaay more on a Ryzen 3 setup than the 9900K they could have had instead.

Equally, Intel don't give you that choice. You WILL buy the new expensive platform for your chip.

Choice != Required.

Soldato
The problem is pricing being raised at all levels which is happening with motherboards now like with GPUs.. Not sure i buy the "more/new tech in it so it's bound to be more expensive" half of it is just an excuse to put prices higher.

Soldato
The problem is pricing being raised at all levels which is happening with motherboards now like with GPUs.. Not sure i buy the "more/new tech in it so it's bound to be more expensive" half of it is just an excuse to put prices higher.

Sure. Agreed. Weirdly as everything else (politics/environment/etc) goes nuts, we're also getting less hard nosed as consumers.

At least (so far) AMD haven't taken the "right, we're 5% better, that'll be double the price please!" Option Intel/Nvidia are well known for.

ljt

ljt

Soldato

Dan.

What about enthusiasts without more money than sense like me? :p

Associate
What about enthusiasts without more money than sense like me? :p

I haven't thought about that as i miss out things like this,

That is the point people who go extreme high end and i for one think they are well stupid or have sense but for them it would be a hobby and don't blame them, they are like 1% of the market approximately so i won't insult or attack them.

I can't think of much but people who want the best without spending a ton well...i am like that but without being brand loyal or a intel or amd fanboyism well... i reason with this people like you and i who want the best without spending a ton would be hardware that has a ratio sync or what is it called scaling.

So it would be hardware that syncs perfectly or the best it can be and there are many factors as why people go intel or amd.

i honestly don't know what to think but hardware that is high end yet affordable which goes along with bang for buck so those with sense will pick bang for buck over performance costing an awful lot.

Dan.

Soldato
Well I doubt my MSI pro carbon with a damn fine VRM will overclock my incoming 3900x aswell as a new MSI X570....I may be wrong ...also ram clocking etc...might by gimped too...but I’ll wait and see before I ditch my B450.

The Overclocking headroom of the 3900x also needs to be established...The X570 has to offer people more than just PCI-Express 4.0
Look at my sig, look at my disgusting motherboard, then look at the cpu and clock speed.

Caporegime
I haven't thought about that as i miss out things like this,

That is the point people who go extreme high end and i for one think they are well stupid or have sense but for them it would be a hobby and don't blame them, they are like 1% of the market approximately so i won't insult or attack them.

I can't think of much but people who want the best without spending a ton well...i am like that but without being brand loyal or a intel or amd fanboyism well... i reason with this people like you and i who want the best without spending a ton would be hardware that has a ratio sync or what is it called scaling.

So it would be hardware that syncs perfectly or the best it can be and there are many factors as why people go intel or amd.

i honestly don't know what to think but hardware that is high end yet affordable which goes along with bang for buck so those with sense will pick bang for buck over performance costing an awful lot.

Dan.

Eh?

Caporegime
Look at my sig, look at my disgusting motherboard, then look at the cpu and clock speed.

And ?
Your point ?
Your X470 can overclock a 2700x ?:confused:

I know you disagree but yeah.

I am not literate with things like cost for the performance you get.

But roughly yes anyways.

I don’t disagree I just can’t understand what you have just typed..

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
And ?
Your point ?
Your X470 can overclock a 2700x ?:confused:
Oh sorry I thought you knew what you were talking about for a second.
Let me explain.
My motherboard is the worst x470 , it has terrible vrms and cooling, yet I can overclock a 8 core 16 thread 2700x past its rated mhz, your motherboard has far superior cooling and vrms so It goes in hand that you will be totally fine with at least a 12 core zen 2 overclocked to its limits (and beyond) and probably im guessing a 16 core, although not as sure about pushing it past 4.7ghz for that one

You said in your other post "Well I doubt my MSI pro carbon with a damn fine VRM will overclock my incoming 3900x aswell as a new MSI X570....I may be wrong" so i'm just confirming that for you

Back
Top Bottom