• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i´m Portuguese.. this is a brazillian youtuber, it´s real: ( benchmarks of all new ryzens in games)

If you can understand a little bit... you also have some graphics in english.. so ya.
Thanks for sharing dude! Confirms what we all know... Zen3 is the fastest gaming CPU in the land but the fastest Intel at 5ghz+ are still within spitting distance in most games. Still, they are definitively no longer the performance leader and lose by around 20% in some games at 1080. Speaking of resolutions, it's a shame he didn't check 1440p and 4k too just for ships and giggles.

Feels like a long wait to 3pm, I am definitely going for a 5900x. :D

Good to see some numbers... although they seem all over the place in that review, will be interested what other reviews say. I'm definitely going for a 5900x too but genuinely wouldn't be surprised at all if the 10900k still beats the 5900x in a good portion of games when you remove the GPU bottleneck.

Last edited:
That didn't help me decide at all ha. They all so close. So add in the smart cache from the GPU side of an 6800/XT/6900XT etc and will be another little jump compared to those figures then since it was with the 3070. But generally good figures with just a few games I don't personally play (GTA & RDR2) that are a little hard on the AMD cpus without a particular reason.

That graph at 6:04 looks so weird. The 3600XT has way better lows than any other chip? Then his FFXV info at 7:42 has a stock 10900k beating an all core 5 Ghz 10900k in both min and averages.

I'm also pretty sure he's running 3600 C18 XMP so if you were to run C14 expect like 3-4% on his final averages graph... even then it's still a win for Zen 3.
wasn´t even with fclk memory tunned which matter a lot on AMD, much more than Intel.

I suspect almost any 5600x does 4.7ghz all core 24/7. Probably 15/20% more performance than stock.

yeah it's crazy. AMD publishes the max single core as 4.6ghz for the 5600x but everyone getting between 4.7ghz and 4.9ghz ALL CORE using air coolers and water coolers

Zen 3 CPUswill be significantly faster overclocked than stock

I suspect almost any 5600x does 4.7ghz all core 24/7. Probably 15/20% more performance than stock.
Is it 15-20% more performance, for example in gaming, even accounting for the boost that you get with regular default clocks? It's a genuine question as I am just wondering how much real-world performance advantage is added by increasing your base clock by 1ghz when the CPU boost when needed anyway as needed.

5600x review from polish site

faster than 10900k in half of games tested, faster than 10900k in most real world and half of workstation tests.

Here is the kicker: The 5600x runs cooler than the 3600x and uses less power

They got the 5600x to all core 4.8ghz at 1.28v using the air cooler noctua d14

https://videocardz.com/newz/first-full-amd-ryzen-5-5600x-review-published-ahead-of-launch

this cpu is insane.. Like old times when a "entry cpu" with overclock was like the top end.

this cpu is insane.. Like old times when a "entry cpu" with overclock was like the top end.

Yeah we cannot overstate it enough when we realise that an all core 4.7ghz zen 3 cpu is as fast as a 6ghz comet lake cpu - the big difference is the former is air cooled while the latter is ln2

Hopefully more reviews leak and AMD move the embargo forward. I still want at least one more source on the 8 and 8+8 core cpus before my mind is made up. Preferably a couple of decent overclocking attempts too.

If the 5800x has only 1 chiplet( 8 cores in one chiplet) it´s definitly the way to go... but is expensive.
It's not at all "definitely" the way to go, the single chiplet is nowhere near a significant factor with Zen3 due to the improved design. It wasn't even particularly significant real-world factor with Zen2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom