• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Associate
It was just an update to his Clock Tuner software but there is still new rumors out that the next Ryzen release Warhol (Zen 3+) is coming out around Q4 2021 and will still be on the AM4 socket.
EuRqBl4WYAIGPDH

EuRqBmGXEAEB_OY

EuRqBmNWgAIaSwB

Associate
In a way it makes sense for AMD to release both Zen3+ and Zen4 this year. Zen3+ is the endgame update for those with DDR4, and Zen4 will be a new platform altogether for early adopters of DDR5. One will be 7nm and the other 5nm, so manufacturing one isn't going to directly affect the production of the other.

AM4 and DDR4 will still be the more affordable platform for the next few years, as usual with new DRAM, DDR5 prices will probably be sky high for a year or so at least.

Soldato
I’d say it makes more sense for them to continue milking AM4/Zen3 and it’s mid cycle refresh for as long as possible given how they are able to sell everything they make. I don’t think rocket lake is going to materially change that despite its IPC improvements given its other limitations in clock speeds and core count

Associate
Caporegime
1.47v for the CPU core voltage and an SoC voltage of 1.2v. that's probably a 200w CPU rigth there.:o

That doesn't sound too great. No specs on gfx performance. Fabric @2066 does look interesting .
It sounds terrible and the only benefit a desktop APU has is that it can provide a display without a dedicated GPU. Almost no-one will be gaming on a desktop APU when you can buy low profile GPU's with way better performance even at the low end of the market for super cheap.

Caporegime
So that's it then... 5600X, 5800X (and above) are all there is for Zen3.

No £200 CPU, nothing cheaper than a £300 6-core part.

I'm sure somebody will encourage me to buy a (last gen) 3600 part for £200. No thanks; don't waste your breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom